Getting on a motorcycle? Not without this safety gear In Florida
If you’re getting your motor runnin’ and about to head out on the highway, make sure you are wearing the right safety gear.
What does a motorcyclist need?
- A helmet – choose a model that has a Department of Transportation certification and fits correctly.
- Jacket and long pants – while this may seem burdensome in the summer, a jacket and long pants can help save your skin if you are in an accident.
- Boots or sturdy shoes – hot pipes, chains and gears can cause serious damage to a rider’s feet. The right shoes can help prevent this.
- Reflective material and lights – it’s important to make sure you are visible to other riders and cars, especially when riding at night.
- Sunglasses – when riding in the South Florida sun and scattered rain showers, sunglasses can be a rider’s best friend.
Safe riding means living to ride another day and that’s what everyone wants.