Getting on a motorcycle? Not without this safety gear…
If you’re getting your motor runnin’ and about to head out on the highway, make sure you are wearing the right safety gear.
What does a motorcyclist need?
- A helmet – choose a model that has a Department of Transportation certification and fits correctly.
- Jacket and long pants – while this may seem burdensome in the summer, a jacket and long pants can help save your skin if you are in an accident.
- Boots or sturdy shoes – hot pipes, chains and gears can cause serious damage to a rider’s feet. The right shoes can help prevent this.
- Reflective material and lights – it’s important to make sure you are visible to other riders and cars, especially when riding at night.
- Sunglasses – when riding in the South Florida sun and scattered rain showers, sunglasses can be a rider’s best friend.
Safe riding means living to ride another day and that’s what everyone wants.