Bus Accident Lawyer Fort Lauderdale
If you suffered injuries in a bus accident, a Fort Lauderdale bus accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato can help you understand the strength of your case and explain your legal options. Some bus accident cases can be especially complex, but we will handle the legal aspects of your case on your behalf. Call (954) 633-8270 now to schedule your free case review and know your rights with a member of our Fort Lauderdale bus accident attorney team.
How to Understand My Fort Lauderdale Bus Accident Injury Case?
After a bus accident case, it can be difficult for victims to know what to do next, and it can be tempting if the bus operator or their insurer will offer a quick insurance settlement offer. However, we advise discussing your case with an attorney from the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato first.
The bus operator understands better than most that there are many reasons why bus accident cases can get complicated, including:
- There may be a large number of injured victims
- The bus may be owned by a vicariously liable company
- The bus may be owned by a local government agency
- The victim or victims may have catastrophic injuries
No matter how your Fort Lauderdale bus accident injuries occurred, a member of our team can review your case and explain your rights. We are not afraid to pursue compensation for our clients from any agency or company. This includes:
- Broward County Public Schools
- Broward County Transit (BCT)
- Tour companies
- Private coach owners
Our personal injury lawyer can also review accident cases that involve Riverwalk Water Trolley, Sun Trolley, or other types of Fort Lauderdale transportation. Reach out to the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today by calling (954) 633-8270. We offer free case reviews, and you never owe us anything unless we recover compensation on your behalf.
How Bus Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale Handle My Case?
At the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato, our bus accident team will make sure you understand your situation and your respective legal options. We can explain the process we need to go through if a government agency operated the bus or help you understand how we identify liable parties when a corporation operates the bus.
We know how to build a compelling bus accident case and can go to work doing so on your behalf by:
- Handling all communication about your case
- Submitting all documents and paperwork before deadlines arrive, as long as there is sufficient time to do so
- Gathering evidence to prove fault and liability
- Proving your accident-related injuries, expenses, and losses
- Representing you throughout the claims process
If necessary, we can file a lawsuit against the bus driver and bus operator in this type of case. However, we can often reach a fair out-of-court settlement and recover compensation that covers your current and future damages. Every step of the way, we will fight for your best interests.
To learn more, you can schedule a complimentary consultation with a bus accident attorney in Fort Lauderdale from the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato. Call (954) 633-8270 to get started.
How to Recover Damages After a Fort Lauderdale Bus Accident?
The goal of filing a claim or a personal injury lawsuit is to recover compensation. To do so, we will need to collect as much documentation of your accident- and injury-related expenses and losses as possible, including:
- Current damages
- Likely future damages
- Economic expenses and losses
- Noneconomic damages like pain and suffering
Some of the most common damages we recover on behalf of our clients include:
What are the Common Bus Accident Damages in Fort Lauderdale, Florida?
- Current and future medical treatment costs
- Ongoing care costs
- Current and future lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damages, such as replacing or repairing your vehicle
- Pain and suffering damages
Florida’s Statute of Limitations
Florida has a statute of limitations that puts a deadline on how long we generally have to pursue compensation after bus accident injuries. In addition, other facts of your case could mean even tighter deadlines. For example, we may need to file paperwork within a few weeks of the accident if the bus belonged to a government agency.
The best way to learn about how quickly we need to take action and the steps necessary to recover compensation is to discuss your case with a Fort Lauderdale bus accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato.
Talk to a Fort Lauderdale Bus Accident Attorney Today
If you were hurt in a bus accident in Fort Lauderdale, you could recover damages. The process can be complicated, so you may benefit from hiring a Fort Lauderdale bus accident lawyer. You can rely on them to manage every part of your case while you recuperate. At the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato, our Fort Lauderdale bus accident attorneys can help you understand your legal options based on the facts of your case. We offer free case reviews and consultations to bus accident victims.
Call (954) 633-8270 now to learn more about how our Fort Lauderdale bus accident lawyer can help you seek a payout in your case. We will evaluate your case for free, and you pay no attorney’s fees unless we recover a payout on your behalf. Whether you were hit by a school bus, a transit bus, or another type of bus, your Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney can be there to help you. Call the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today for a free consultation.
Fort Lauderdale Bus Accident FAQs
What Legal Steps Should I Follow After a Bus Accident?
When you have suffered motor vehicle accident injuries, it is a good idea to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. That should be your first step. A bus accident attorney in Fort Lauderdale can guide you through the rest of the steps, including:
- Collecting evidence to prove the accident was not your fault
- Taking caution about what you say about the accident to other parties
- Crafting and sending a demand letter to the liable party
Before leaving the accident scene, you can ask for the bus driver’s name, phone number, and insurance information. These details can make it easier to take legal action later.
How Do I Claim Compensation After a Bus Accident?
If you want bus accident compensation, you can file a claim with the right insurance company. This could be your own insurer, the bus driver’s, or another party’s.
To file a claim with your own insurer, you can:
- Calculate how much money your injuries entitle you to recover (so you know if the insurer tries to shortchange you)
- Allow the insurer to conduct an investigation into the accident and your injuries, and show the insurer any evidence you have collected as proof of your claim
- Wait for the insurer to decide whether they will accept your claim
You might also have the option of filing a lawsuit against the bus company, the bus driver, or another liable party. If you choose to pursue this option, you generally have four years to do so, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). The steps for filing a lawsuit include:
- Sending a demand letter to the at-fault party’s insurance company that includes an account of the at-fault party’s actions and how much compensation you want
- Waiting for the insurer to respond to your letter
- Either negotiating with the insurer for fair compensation or taking the at-fault party to court, depending on the circumstances of your case
Filing a lawsuit may be a good option if you can identify an at-fault party (e.g., a careless bus driver or a negligent bus company), and if you require more compensation than your own insurance policy will cover.
What Is the Average Settlement in a Bus Accident?
There is no average amount that you can look forward to receiving after a bus accident. Settlement amounts are very specific to each person’s case and depend on how serious their injuries are, among other factors.
A Fort Lauderdale bus accident lawyer can make sure you ask for a settlement that will cover your losses and help you move forward after your ordeal. This could include reimbursement for:
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Disability, either physical or intellectual
- Scar tissue
- Impaired quality of life
- Property damage, especially to your car
- Medical bills
- Loss of income
- Loss of employment
If your loved one passed away in the bus accident, the survivors could benefit from compensation through a wrongful death suit. They might receive damages for:
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of financial support
- End-of-life expenses
How Long Do Bus Accident Settlements Take?
That depends on a number of factors specific to your case. For example, if the bus company admits fault and is willing to negotiate a settlement, your case may not take as long as one where the bus company tries to fight your lawsuit in court.
Even if everything goes smoothly, you could still end up waiting for months or years for your compensation. You can prevent unnecessary delays to your case by hiring a bus accident lawyer to:
- File all paperwork with the right parties and in the correct sequence
- Keep in touch with all relevant parties to make sure everything is proceeding in a timely fashion
- Handle all negotiations and discussions with the liable party
What Can a Bus Accident Lawyer Do to Help Victims?
Bus accident lawyers in Fort Lauderdale have a responsibility to help clients:
- Protect their rights against insurance companies who do not prioritize the client’s needs
- Fight for the compensation they need and deserve
- Learn more about their legal options and make the decision that best fits their goals and situation
- Stand up to negligent parties, including very large and powerful ones like auto part manufacturers or bus companies
- Navigate the law by performing all legal tasks for the client, which gives the client more time to spend with family or recover from injuries
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), bus accidents were on the decline nationwide as of 2020. However, there are still thousands of people who suffer because of bus crashes every year.
We also help the victims of other practice areas:
- Bicycle accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale
- Car accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale
- Motorcycle accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale
Read our blog related to bus accident: