Fort Lauderdale Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
If you sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident in Fort Lauderdale, you may be eligible to hold the property owner or occupier liable for your injuries and related losses. Florida law allows you to recover compensation if there is evidence the property owner failed to take action to protect you. The attorneys from the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato may be able to help you build a case.
Call (954) 633-8270 for a complimentary consultation with a slip and fall lawyer in Fort Lauderdale from our premises liability team.
We Take on All Types of South Florida Slip and Fall Accident Cases
Property owners or occupiers may be responsible for injuries that occur on their property under Florida law. If they were aware of a hazard—or should have been aware of a hazard—and a guest, customer, or other visitor suffers an injury because of it, they may be liable.
Some common fall hazards include:
- Food or drink spills
- Tracked-in rainwater
- Slick marble, stone, or glass flooring
- Trip hazards in the walkway or aisle
- Poor lighting on stairs and walkways
- Uneven steps or other problems with stairways
- Broken or missing handrails
- Uneven surfaces, such as unmarked step-ups and cracks in pavement
- Torn carpet, missing tiles, or uneven bricks
- Potholes or holes in the yard
- Unsafe ladders and scaffolding
Slip and fall accidents can occur almost anywhere. You may have a case if your fall involved inside or outside of a:
- Grocery store
- Mall or shopping center
- Convenience store
- Another shop
- Theater, arena, or amusement park
- Public park or municipal building
- Nursing home or another long-term care facility
- Office or other business
- Construction site
- Private home
If you or a loved one fell because of a hazard on someone else’s property, an attorney from the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato can review your case for free. We will help you understand if you have a case against the property owner and what you can do to recover damages. Call (954) 633-8270 today to talk to a member of our team.
Our Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Fort Lauderdale Can Help With Your Case
Our slip and fall attorneys in Fort Lauderdale will be by your side throughout your entire case. We understand Florida’s premises liability laws and what it takes to prove negligence and hold a property owner liable. When you trust us with your case, our slip and fall attorneys in Fort Lauderdale will:
- Review the facts of your case
- Help you understand your options and situation
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Help you weigh your options and take legal action
- Build a case to prove negligence and liability
- File an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit on your behalf
Reach out to the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato for a complimentary consultation today. Call (954) 633-8270 to discuss your fall with a member of our team and learn about the strength of your case against the property owner. Let our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer help you pursue a payout based on the facts of your case.
Recoverable Damages in a Slip and Fall Accident in Fort Lauderdale
When we take on a slip and fall accident in Fort Lauderdale, we collect evidence to prove your full range of damages. Each case is different, but some of the most common damages following a slip and fall accident include:
- Past and future medical treatment and care
- Ongoing care costs
- Past and future lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity if you cannot return to work
- Miscellaneous expenses related to your accident and injuries
- Property damages, such as a broken phone or eyeglasses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Other noneconomic damages
- Wrongful death damages, if your loved one passed away because of their fall injuries
Building this type of case may require us to rely on expert testimony from medical specialists, reviews of your relevant medical records, and working closely with other experts. We will put a value on not only your current economic expenses but also your noneconomic expenses and your possible future losses.
Florida’s Statute of Limitations Puts a Deadline on How Long You Can Wait to Take Legal Action
Florida law limits how long you can wait to file a personal injury lawsuit in a slip and fall case. In general, you may have up to four years from the date of an accident to take legal action. When we review your case, we can explain all deadlines that apply.
The sooner we get to work on your case, the more evidence our slip and fall attorneys in Fort Lauderdale can collect and the stronger case we can build. Reach out to us as soon as possible following your injury and let us go to work on your case.
Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Fort Lauderdale
If you or a member of your family suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident in Fort Lauderdale, you may be eligible to pursue compensation. Call (954) 633-8270 today for your free case review. We take on these cases on a contingency basis, and you owe us no attorney’s fees unless you recover compensation.
We help the victims of other practice areas:
Read our blog related to Slip and fall accident: