Funeral home negligence cases may seem difficult to imagine, but time and again we find that funeral home negligence occurs. If your family is the victim of such negligence, we want to help in their Miami funeral home lawsuit.
Call our funeral home negligence lawyers in Miami at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 to speak about your case and find out what avenues you have towards financial justice.
Miami Funeral Home Negligence Takes Many Forms
Funeral home negligence can many forms, including:
- Mishandling of a body or caring for a body in a way that is below industry expectations.
- Theft of body parts, also known as the harvesting of organs.
- Improper storage of a body, such as keeping bodies in overcrowded conditions.
- Failing to maintain conditions for the body that will prevent degradation and/or decomposition.
- Improperly embalming a body.
- Losing or misplacing a body.
- Mixing up bodies to the extent that the wrong body is cremated or buried.
- Cremating a body prematurely.
- Burying a body in an incorrect and/or illegal plot.
- Losing the cremated remains of a body.
- Putting an unlicensed individual in charge of bodies.
- Burying a body in a casket other than the one that the family purchased.
These are just some of the possible forms of funeral home negligence. If your loved one’s body was victimized under these or other circumstances, we want to help you pursue the financial damages to which you may be entitled. Speak with a funeral home negligence attorney in Miami at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 today to learn about your options to pursue financial justice.
How to Prove Liability in Funeral Home Negligence Cases in Miami?
In order to prove that negligence occurred in your case, your Miami funeral home negligence lawyer will aim to prove that the liable party:
- Had a duty of care to your loved one and, by extension, your family.
This is Florida law: parties have a duty of care not to inflict an unreasonable likelihood of harm, whether it is abuse or emotional distress, on others.
- Breached the duty of care.
By engaging in actions that were irresponsible, malevolent, or careless, the defendant may have breached their duty of care to you, and we will aim to prove it.
- Caused emotional distress and/or harm due to their actions.
This can be harmful to either your family, the body of your loved one or both.
- Owes you a calculable amount of damages for Miami Funeral Home Lawsuit.
We will tally up your losses and submit a plea for a fair amount of damages.
What Damages To Which You May Be Entitled in a Funeral Home Negligence Case in Miami?
If the court finds that the liable party acted negligently, or you reach a settlement with that implied conclusion, you may be entitled to financial damages covering:
- The tangible cost of the negligence
- Emotional Shock
- Pain and suffering
The primary damages in these cases tend to stem from pain and suffering and emotional hardship, which can be significant if it is found that a funeral home violated your family’s rights.
What Else a Miami Funeral Home Attorney Will Do?
Our team will:
- Meet with you to hear your story firsthand.
- Collect all the available evidence to build a strong case for damages.
- Handle every step of the legal process until a settlement or judgment is complete.
- Ensure your family’s rights are protected.
Contact our Attorneys For Miami Funeral Home Lawsuit
Our Miami personal injury lawyer wants to help your family obtain financial justice. Speak with a funeral home negligence lawyer in Miami at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 today about your case.
We help the victims of other practice areas:
Read our blog related to funeral home negligence:
See the Funeral Homes Resources list in other cities: