Premises Liability Attorney West Palm Beach
Slip and fall accidents can occur on sidewalks, stairways, slippery floors and even swimming pools. Unfortunately, it is up to the victim in a premise liability case to prove that your injuries were caused by the negligence of a property owner or renter.
The West Palm Beach premises liability attorneys at the law offices of Wolf & Pravato have extensive experience in premises liability cases, and will thoroughly review your case and explain your legal options.
What is Premises Liability?
Premise Liability Law is based on the idea that property owners/renters have the duty to maintain reasonable safe premises for visitors and guests. When the owner/renter breaches this obligation, he or she can be held liable for any damages that occur as a result of slip and falls or other accidents on the property.
In order to determine liability, it is important to understand that the obligation of property owners to make their premises safe depends on the purpose of the visitor the reason you were on the property.
To determine the duty of a property owner/renter, visitors are grouped into three categories:
- Invitees – People such as those at a grocery store or other place of business who were “invited” to do business with the property owner/renter. Invitees are owed the highest duty of care.
- Licensees – People such as friends, acquaintances and neighbors who are invited over for casual visits that benefit both the visitor and property owner/renter. Licensees are owed an intermediate duty of care.
- Trespassers – People who go onto land uninvited. Property owners generally have an obligation to avoid setting traps for trespassers, but if property owners create an “attractive nuisance” (something dangerous that draws people onto a property, such as a swimming pool), then the property owner’s duty increases. Trespassers are also owed a duty of care, albeit minimal.
Why You Need West Palm Beach Premises Liability Lawyers
In order to prove negligence on the part of a property owner/renter, you will need to prove:
- the level of duty that the property owner/renter owed you;
- that the duty was breached;
- the negligence directly resulted in injury; and
- the injury led to some financial or physical loss for which you should be compensated.
A West Palm Beach premises liability attorney can help you to prove negligence in these kinds of cases by collecting evidence from the accident scene and gathering relevant documents, such as maintenance records. Your lawyer can also help prove your right to compensation, which may include:
There’s no reason why you should suffer and pay medical bills caused by a property owner’s negligence.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a West Palm Beach slip and fall or other accident on someone else’s property, contact the experienced premises liability lawyer team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato for a free consultation today – 954-633-8270.
We help the victims of other practice areas: