Car Crash & Auto Accident Attorney In Florida
Even if you haven’t experienced it yourself, there’s a reason why you always hear about car crashes in the news – people get into car accidents all the time. Florida’s Integrated Report Exhange System reports that in 2015 alone, there have were 374,523 crashes in the state. From those crashes, there were 243,399 injuries and 2,939 traffic fatalities. These alarming numbers highlight the reality of car accidents. So even before it happens to you, it’s best to be prepared with the right legal aid that can protect your rights after the crash.
If you suffered injuries in a car accident in Florida, you should discuss your rights and options with a car accident attorney in Florida as soon as possible after your injuries stabilize. At the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato, our auto accident law firm devotes time to making sure our clients understand their legal options and situation.
Dealing with Car Accidents In Florida
Nobody wishes for car accidents injury to happen, but they do happen – and oftentimes they take all sorts of forms. The personal injury cases that can stem from car accidents are varied and numerous, but a good Florida auto accident lawyer will know how to deal with all of it.
Car accidents can take all kinds of forms. There’s driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, negligence, reckless driving, head-on collisions, rollovers, head-on collisions, rear-end collisions, side-impact collisions, sideswipe collisions, and even multiple-vehicle accidents.
No matter what form your accident takes, being in an automobile accident should prompt you to call your Florida car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Getting your Florida auto accident attorney involved from the onset ensures that you meet the limited window wherein you can file your claim. It also ensures that you have all the information needed and you’re not missing out on anything.
Our Florida car accident attorney know how to handle car accident cases, protect our clients’ rights, and maximize the damages we can pursue in an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. Our Florida car accident lawyers team works to help accident victims recover the compensation they need to cover their medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Economic and Non-Economic Damages
The immediate effects of any car accident are clear. The car is usually in a bad shape and some repairs need to be done. The people inside the car/cars involved will have to be checked for possible injuries. If the accident is catastrophic or fatal, then you’ll have to deal with really serious injuries or even death. Someone has to pay for all that, and this is where your claims come in. Personal injury law is complex and evolving, especially in a Florida car accident case. It is not as easy to navigate as some seem to think. If an attorney fails to investigate the causation, fault, and liability, they could hurt their client’s case. Additionally, If they do not adequately document their client’s damages, they could prevent their client from recovering the compensation they need to cover their past and future losses.
A good Florida car accident lawyer will know all this, but even more. This is because in assessing the personal injury caused by car accidents, there are actually economic and non-economic damages that need to be taken into consideration. First, let’s talk about the economic damages, which are a little more obvious:
- Medical bills – According to Florida Statute § 627.736, you have 14 days to see a doctor after an accident. The medical expenses that you need to pay for following the car accident could really balloon, even before you get the chance to account for it. This could come from various sources as well. Whether it’s hospitalization, visits to the emergency room, surgery, assistive devices, professional fees, and others, as long as the expense is medical and you’re incurring it because of the car accident, then this will be covered. It’s also important to understand that your lawyer will help you with also getting compensated for any medical expenses that may still be incurred in the future. This is something people mostly underestimate, because it will happen way after the crash.
- Loss of wages – Another important economic effect is the wages that will be lost. This is because when you get into a car accident and suffer an injury, parts of your normally functioning body will be impaired and you won’t be able to go back to work right away. While you’re recovering, you will have lost the wages that you should have been earning at that time. You should be compensated fairly for this.
- Loss of capacity to earn – In worst case scenarios, the injury will prevent the person from going back to normal, and this means that person will have lost his or her capacity to earn. Sometimes, there will be a downgrade of compensation after the accident because your capacity has also downgraded. This is something you can claim.
Aside from economic damages however, there are non-economic ones that are not as obvious but are just as important:
- Mental anguish, pain, and suffering – The psychological effects of any car accident should not be underestimated, particularly in cases when the accident was so devastating. The trauma, fright, grief, and worry that one could feel after the accident does not easily go away, and at times they prevent people from going on with their day to day tasks. The pain and suffering caused by the injuries must also be considered and compensated.
- Loss of consortium – In cases when the fatal car accident happens to your spouse, you may be able to build a case on claiming losses that are unique because they’re marital benefits: sexual relations, companionship, comfort, and others.
- Punitive damages – This does not apply to all, but there will be cases when the accident is caused by actions of the defendant that are not just negligent but malicious. In this case, your Florida car accident lawyer can help you ensure that the defendant really gets punished for it.
With many discount or “jack of all trade” law firms, their focus is on wrapping up your case as soon as possible and moving on to the next one. We will never rush to a settlement policy if it does not fairly compensate you, and we will not hesitate to litigate a case if necessary. They practice multiple areas of law, while Florida auto accident attorney team focuses only on serving victims of injuries in Florida.
Factors to Consider
In deciding which lawyer to go with for this valuable legal advice, there are a few factors that you must consider. First, it would be good to go for a credible firm with a proven track record in working with cases like these. You would want a great team of lawyers behind you – lawyers that are used to working with accident and defect engineers as well as reconstruction experts. Getting to the bottom of things is not as easy as it seems, and you’ll need a good legal team to aid you with that. Lawyers with experience have done this so many times, they’ll know exactly where to start from the onset.
It’s also worth noting that you’re operating within the state of Florida, and there may be new laws that are applicable. People don’t really keep track of new laws that affect the rules of the road, but lawyers will definitely be aware of this.
Yes, it may not exactly be ideal to get into an accident and have to deal with all the damages, trauma and legal battles that follow. But this is why having someone who can give you expert legal advice is valuable. The good news is you can schedule a consultation with our attorneys at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato anytime.
Our Florida auto accident lawyer team gathers evidence and calls in experts to ensure we have a strong case to prove your accident-related expenses, losses, and noneconomic damages. If you were the victim of a Florida auto accident, reach out to our team today for a free consultation. There are time limits on how long you have to take legal action, so speak with a car accident lawyer in Florida with the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270.
We help the victims of other practice areas:
Read the latest legal blog on car accident: