Funeral home negligence case is not an issue that most are familiar with, at least not until their family falls victim to a funeral home’s carelessness or malfeasance. If something has happened that makes you suspect or know that your loved one’s body was not cared for properly, we want to help you pursue financial damages. Call a funeral home negligence lawyer in Fort Lauderdale from the team of the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 to sue for your funeral home negligence rights.
Funeral Home Negligence Takes Many Forms
One may think that the process of intaking, embalming, and displaying a body for a funeral is a straightforward process, but as a funeral home negligence attorney in Fort Lauderdale can tell you, cases of irresponsible and funeral homes negligence are more prevalent than most may realize also help in Fort Lauderdale funeral home lawsuit.
Some of the ways a funeral may act negligently include:
- Cremating a body by accident or too early
- Displaying and/or burying the wrong body
- Sending the wrong body overseas
- Failing to embalm a body or incorrectly embalming the body
- Misplacing and/or losing a body
- Not following the specific instructions for a body per the wishes of the family
These are not outlandish or unrealistic possibilities, and when these or other cases of funeral home negligence occur we want to help the family hold the negligent parties accountable. Call our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 to discuss how we can help your family.
What a Fort Lauderdale Funeral Home Negligence Lawyer Can Do for You?
When a funeral home makes a mistake with the body of your family member, you deserve to hold the liable party accountable. Our team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato will:
- Personally investigate the circumstances of the error, comparing what should have occurred with what did occur;
- Interview any witnesses to the negligence and document their accounts;
- Collect and archive any additional evidence of the abuse or negligence;
- File any legal documentation in pursuit of damages;
- Serve as your legal counselor from the initial meeting to the completion of a judgment or settlement; and
- Ensure your family’s rights are protected throughout the legal process.
What Damages You May Be Entitled to in a Funeral Home Negligence Case?
When your loved one’s body is mishandled, lost, or abused, there are legal pathways to serve justice. You may be entitled to financial damages for:
What includes in a Funeral Home Negligence Case?
When a loved one passes, often the last thing on your mind is whether the funeral home or mortuary you have chosen will handle your loved one’s remains with dignity and respect, and consistent with your loved one’s end of life wishes. It can be devastating to learn that the funeral home you trusted did the exact opposite. We are one of the few law firms in the state who handle funeral home malpractice cases. At the law offices of Wolf & Pravato, PA, the Funeral home negligence attorneys, recently obtained a jury verdict of $3,500,000.00 for a family against a funeral home in Palm Beach County.
Funeral home, burial, and cremation cases can include:
- Lost remains of a loved one
- Mishandled cremated remains
- Lost or misplaced cremated remains;
- Theft of personal items
- Unauthorized cremations
- Negligence resulting in desecrated gravesites
- Vandalism of gravesites or mausoleums
- Moved or altered gravesite
- Inadequate or improper embalming
- Inadequate or improper refrigeration
- Burying of the wrong decedent
- Burial in an incorrect plot and, Stacking of bodies in a single gravesite.
A family who has experienced the negligent behavior of a funeral home during the funeral of their loved one has the ability to bring a claim for damages against the funeral home or responsible party. The trauma of losing a loved one can be easily exacerbated by the mishandling of your loved one’s remains or other negligent behavior during the funeral. The damages can include financial loss and emotional distress, as well as punitive damages. We have achieved the highest verdicts and settlements in the state in cases involving the mishandling of funeral services and cremations. This includes a seven-figure punitive damage award against a funeral home for losing the cremated remains of a families’ loved one, lying about it, and forging documents to cover their tracks.
Contact Our Attorneys for Fort Lauderdale Funeral Home Lawsuit
If your family has been the victim of funeral home abuse or neglect, allow us to help you pursue damages. Speak with a Fort Lauderdale funeral home negligence attorney from the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 to discuss how we can help your family.
We also help the victims of other practice areas:
- Premises liability in Fort Lauderdale
- Dental malpractice in Fort Lauderdale
- Medical malpractice in Fort Lauderdale
Read our blog related to funeral home negligence:
See the Funeral Homes Resources list in other cities:
- Miami Funeral Homes Resource List
- Fort Lauderdale Funeral Homes Resource List
- Fort Myers Funeral Homes Resource List
- West Palm Beach Funeral Homes Resource List