Premises Liability Lawyer Fort Lauderdale
When slip and falls on another’s property cause serious injuries, you may need the legal guidance of slip and fall lawyers. Slip and fall accidents can occur on sidewalks, stairways and even swimming pools. As the victim in a premise liability case, you will be allowed to recover compensation if it can be proven that your injuries were caused by a property owner or renter. Wrongful death information. Please contact our premises lawyers.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in premises liability cases and we’ll take the time to thoroughly review your case and explain your legal options. Wherever your accident occurred in South Florida we can help.
A Closer Look at Premises Liability
Premise liability law is based on the idea that property owners or renters are obligated to ensure that the premises are safe for visitors and guests. When the owner/renter breaches this obligation, he or she can be held liable for all damages that occur as a direct result of slip and falls or other accidents.
Understand that the obligation of property owners to make their premises safe depends on the purpose of the visit or the reason you, the plaintiff, has been invited onto the property.
To determine the obligation, or “duty” as it is called in legal terms, visitors are grouped into 3 categories:
- Invitees are owed the highest duty of care. These include people at a grocery store or other place of business who were “invited” to do business with the property owner/renter.
- Licensees are owed an intermediate duty of care. These include people such as friends, acquaintances and neighbors who are invited over for casual visits that benefit both the visitor and property owner/renter.
- Trespassers are also owed a duty of care, albeit minimal. These are people who go onto land uninvited. Property owners generally have an obligation to avoid setting traps for trespassers, but if property owners create an “attractive nuisance” (something dangerous that draws people onto a property, such as a swimming pool), then the property owner’s duty increases.
How A Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help
A premise liability attorney can help you to prove negligence in these kinds of cases by collecting evidence from the accident scene and gathering relevant documents, such as maintenance records. Your attorney can also help prove your right to compensation, which may include:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Fighting for compensation after an injury on someone else’s property will not be easy if you lack the help of a premises liability lawyer because the following will need to be proven:
- the level of duty that the property owner/renter owed you;
- that the duty was breached and that the property owner/renter should thus be considered to have been negligent;
- the negligence directly caused injury; and
- the injury led to some financial or physical loss that you should be compensated.
There’s no reason why you should suffer and pay medical bills caused by a property owner’s negligence or security negligence. If you or a loved one has been injured in South Florida due to slip and fall or other accident on someone else’s premises, contact the experienced premises liability lawyer team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today.