When you are going through the grieving process after a death in the family, one of the last things on your mind should be how a funeral home will treat your loved one’s remains. You expect the funeral home to do the job it promises to do, handling the service and burial with the respect your loved one deserves.
Yet, sometimes a funeral home will behave in a negligent manner. State laws in Florida layout exactly how a funeral home must handle the preparation of the body for burial or cremation. If your loved one’s remains are handled in a reckless manner, count on a funeral home negligence lawyer in West Palm Beach to defend your right to seek damages.
The Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato will treat you and your loved one with dignity. We take pride in our honesty with clients. Call us today at (954) 633-8270 for a free consultation.
How We Pursue Damages From a Funeral Home in West Palm Beach?
When you hire a funeral home negligence attorney serving West Palm Beach, you will receive a variety of services. Our Boynton Beach personal injury attorneys work to establish multiple elements in the case, allowing you to seek the damages you deserve:
- Duty Breach: A funeral home must follow the level of professionalism spelled out in the at-need contract for the services and follow all relevant laws in the state of Florida. Your funeral home negligence attorney will use documentation and interviews with witnesses to attempt to prove the funeral home violated a contract and acted in an unprofessional manner.
- Causation: We will work to prove the funeral home’s actions caused dishonor to the deceased and harm to the family, either economically or emotionally.
What are the Possibilities for Compensation in Funeral Home?
Funeral bills are expensive. You deserve to have the funeral home fulfill the obligations it promised to deliver.
Should the funeral home employees or owners cut corners to save money, fail to follow state statutes or the rules in your contract, or otherwise fail to deliver as promised, you deserve to seek compensation for out of pocket costs and emotional trauma caused by the situation.
What are the Examples of Funeral Home Negligence in West Palm Beach?
Should the funeral home act in a reckless manner, either on purpose or by accident, you should hold it responsible. You have the right to seek damages, but you also can ensure the funeral home does not treat other families in a negligent manner.
Some of the items that represent negligence on the part of a funeral home include:
- Failing to fulfill a contract
- Stealing personal items from the corpse
- Using the wrong graveside
- Mishandling the remains after a cremation
- Abusing the corpse with disfigurement or with sexual abuse
- Using a casket that is not properly sealed
- Improperly preparing or storing the body
These are not the only possible negligent situations you may have experienced in dealing with a reckless funeral home. Call the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato at (954) 633-8270 as soon as possible to discuss the particular aspects of your case and find out how a funeral home negligence attorney serving West Palm Beach can help.
Fighting for a Fair Settlement Contact West Palm Beach Funeral Home Negligence lawyer
Should your family be the victim of a negligent situation regarding a funeral home, it may be difficult to believe. However, it does sometimes happen, and you deserve to seek compensation for your emotional distress, while holding the funeral home responsible.
A funeral home negligence attorney in West Palm Beach has your best interests in mind when representing you against the funeral home and its insurance company to sue for funeral negligence.
Contact Our Lawyers for West Palm Beach Funeral Home Lawsuit
Rely on the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato to treat you like family. We work on a contingency fee basis. This means we will not be paid until we reach a settlement on your behalf. Call us today at (954) 633-8270 for a free consultation.
See the Funeral Homes Resources list in other cities:
- Miami Funeral Homes Resource List
- Fort Lauderdale Funeral Homes Resource List
- Fort Myers Funeral Homes Resource List
- West Palm Beach Funeral Homes Resource List