Truck Accident Attorney West Palm Beach
Truck accidents are one of the most gruesome experiences a person can face in their life. The trucks weigh as much as 80,000 pounds and can be as long as 75 feet. Because of the tremendous size and weight of the trucks, they can cause far greater injuries to passengers in smaller vehicles. One single mistake of the truck driver costs you a lifetime of loss, pain, or trauma.
Since trucks are usually owned by logistics companies or manufacturing units, recovering compensation becomes complex. The Law Offices Wolf & Pravato, a truck accident lawyer West Palm Beach, can assist you to get through the complications of the case. Our experienced lawyers have the necessary resources to pursue your case thoroughly. We can help you recover your losses and get a fair amount of compensation for your inconvenience.
If you need help, book a free attorney consultation with us right now at (833) 704-4878. Our truck accident lawyer West Palm Beach would love to assist you.
What to Do After a Truck Accident in West Palm Beach, Florida?
If you have been injured due to the negligence, carelessness, or recklessness of a commercial carrier or truck driver, speak with the truck accident attorneys West Palm Beach at the law offices of Wolf & Pravato as soon as possible. We have handled many truck accident lawsuits involving large commercial trucks and our West Palm Beach truck accident lawyer can help you pursue all damages incurred from a commercial carrier or trucking accident.
What are the Accident Factors a Truck Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach Deals With?
There are several factors involved in a truck collision accident which a truck accident lawyer West Palm Beach deals with. Here we have listed the most common ones –
- The negligence of the driver;
- Any kind of distraction, inattention, or impairment while driving;
- Speeding beyond limits;
- Brake issues in the vehicle;
- Interruption in the traffic flow due to any reason such as congestion or accident;
- Unfamiliarity with the roadways;
- Over-the-counter or prescription drug use by the driver;
- Inadequate surveillance on the road;
- Driver’s fatigue or lack of sleep;
- Poor truck maintenance;
- Vehicle breakdown due to a part failure;
- Roadway defects;
- Weather issues.
How do Wolf & Pravato Help You as a Truck Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach?
Wolf & Pravato hustles to provide the best legal aid to our clients. We can help you with our exceptional services in the following areas –
We Create a Winning Strategy
Wolf & Pravato has the best West Palm Beach truck accident lawyers who review the facts of your case to help you. We put our best foot forward to plan a winning trial for you.
We Follow a Fool-Proof Process
Your assigned legal team collects evidence and records to strengthen your compensation case. We conduct a detailed investigation to gather every supporting argument. Our process also includes negotiating outside the courtroom to save you the trouble.
We are Dedicated to Securing Justice for You
We won’t lie – truck accident trials are complicated. However, truck accident lawyers in West Palm Beach keep themselves prepared to fight for your rights. We do not get intimidated by aggressive legal teams or large companies.
What are the Causes of Truck Accidents?
The most common causes of truck accidents are the following –
- Malfunctioning brakes
- Driver’s fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Bling spot accident
- Truck rollovers
- Speeding and overtaking
- Alcohol and drugs
- Swinging turns
- Overloaded cargo
- Tire blowout
- Falling debris
- Rear-end crashes
- Wide turns
- Lack of training
- No maintenance of the truck
Who is Responsible for My Truck Accident in West Palm Beach?
A truck accident is capable of causing a great loss to the other party, especially if it’s a smaller vehicle. However, the responsibility for the truck accident is determined on the basis of various factors.
The factors involve three major elements – negligence, risk, and injury. The negligence is determined through pieces of evidence and the statements of witnesses and other records. The driver who is found to be negligible while driving is held responsible. The second element, risk, comes into consideration if both the parties are found to be equally responsible. The driver who caused more risk to the other party and the people nearby is more responsible for the accident. The final decision is made by taking the physical and mental injuries into consideration.
Liability for Truck Accident
Even if the truck driver is found responsible for the truck accident, determining the person liable can get tricky. It is because the truck drivers are rarely the owner of the truck. They are hired by the logistics company of another corporation to transport the materials. Most of the accidents occur because the drivers are in a hurry to deliver the material within the time limit.
The following parties can be held liable for the truck accident depending on the circumstances –
- If the driver is an employee of a company, the company may have to bear the liability given the driver’s actions come within the scope of employment.
- If the driver is working for the company but they are an independent contractor, the company has no liability for the person and the driver will have to bear the loss.
Our Truck Accident Attorney West Palm Beach Deals With Commercial Trucking Companies
Commercial trucking companies and the insurance companies that represent them can be difficult to work with after an accident. A West Palm Beach truck accident attorney from the law offices of Wolf & Pravato can deal with them for you. One major issue is determining who should be held responsible for the accident. While truck drivers can be named in commercial truck accident lawsuits, the driver may not have enough insurance. However, the trucking company will likely have more financial resources, and can be responsible for the actions of a negligent truck driver under two legal theories:
Our Truck Accident Lawyer West Palm Beach Help to File Truck Accident Lawsuit
West Palm Beach accident cases that involve commercial trucks and carriers can become complex if the driver or trucking company is located out of state. This makes finding the appropriate defendant more difficult, and interfacing with the insurance companies, and filing truck accident lawsuits more challenging. Regardless of the challenges that can be present when bringing a commercial carrier lawsuit, we have successfully obtained compensation for plaintiffs injured in accidents involving large trucks from both Florida and out-of-state drivers and the trucking companies that employ them.
Trucking accidents can be settled either in or out of court. The West Palm Beach truck accident lawyers from the law offices of Wolf & Pravato are experienced negotiators, but we won’t hesitate to go to trial to get the compensation you deserve for your losses. You can count on us to help you to gather the evidence you need to prove that the driver and/or trucking company should be held responsible for your accident.
Truck Accident Compensation With West Palm Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
The compensation of a truck accident falls within two categories – economic damages and non-economic damages.
In case of economic damages, the compensation recovers the following expenses –
- Current Medical Expenses: The fees for emergency room visits, hospital care, surgery, and drug store bills.
- Future Medical Expenses: The cost of future medical attention and care.
- Lost Wages: Wages or salary lost between the time of injury and the conclusion of the lawsuit.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: If the accident negatively impacts the earning capacity of the victim for the near future or the rest of their life, compensation may be available.
In case of non-economic damages, the following factors are considered for compensation –
- Pain and Suffering: The physical pain suffered as a result of injuries sustained in the crash.
- Mental Anguish: Emotional pain, embarrassment, nervousness, worry, grief, and other forms of emotional distress caused by the accident.
What to Do After a Truck Accident in West Palm Beach?
A major truck accident is not a daily occurrence in anyone’s life. Since no one is prepared for it, it puts you off when it takes place. You may be in shock and unable to make decisions. However, the first few hours after the accident are very crucial. Take the following steps if you become a victim of a truck accident –
- Prioritize your health and safety and call 911. No matter the severity of the crash, you need to seek immediate medical assistance.
- If you do not need emergency care, see your doctor as soon as possible.
- Contact your truck accident lawyer in West Palm Beach.
- Make no communication with the parties involved in the accident until your West Palm Beach truck accident lawyer arrives.
- Contact the insurance company and file your insurance claim.
- With the help of your truck collision accident lawyer in West Palm Beach, offer a negotiation for the compensation to the opposite party.
Recovery of Victim With West Palm Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
Our West Palm Beach semi-truck accident attorneys can help you to recover your financial and non-financial losses. It includes –
- Ambulance transportation
- Emergency and trauma care
- Hospital stays
- Surgical procedures
- Mental health care therapy
- Physical therapy
- Follow-up doctor appointments
- Appointments with specialists
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent disabilities
- Punitive damages
- Medical equipment
- Prescription medications
- Home health care
- Assisted living facilities
- Property loss
What Damages Can I Receive After a Truck Accident in West Palm Beach?
After we prove the cause of your accident, as well as the extent of your injuries, our truck accident attorney in West Palm Beach will work toward getting you compensation for your:
- medical bills
- lost wages
- physical/emotional pain and suffering
- wrongful death damages and
- any other losses as a result of the accident
Call Our West Palm Beach Semi Truck Accident Attorneys
We understand the effect truck accidents can have on victims and their families. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a commercial carrier accident in the West Palm Beach area, contact the West Palm Beach truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today – 954-633-8270.
West Palm Beach Truck Accident Lawyer FAQs
How much is my West Palm Beach truck accident worth?
The worth of a West Palm Beach truck accident varies depending on several factors. Our lawyer at Wolf & Pravato examines the details of the accident to help you recover your compensation. A truck accident generally causes a serious crash which leads to major medical expenses. We consider these and other damages such as psychological trauma, property damage, lost job, and more to establish a compensation value for you.
What should I look for when choosing a semi-truck accident lawyer in West Palm Beach?
Only the right West Palm Beach semi-truck accident attorney can do justice to your accident case. Here is what you should look for while choosing one –
- They present you with options to proceed with your case,
- They explain everything about the case in advance,
- They should have the experience to deal with a case like yours,
- They should have an excellent reputation, especially among legal institutions,
- They should uplift your case and make you feel confident about it.
Can I sue for being hit by a semi-truck?
No two truck accidents are similar. The question of whether you can sue the truck driver or not depends greatly on the circumstances. If you are facing serious damages due to the carelessness or ignorance of the truck driver, you have the right to take legal action against them.
What questions should I ask an attorney for an accident?
Before hiring a West Palm Beach truck accident lawyer, you should ask the following questions to make the right choice –
- Their area of specialization
- Their previous experience in similar cases
- The time they devote to the case
- The time to resolve the case
- Their success rate at trials
- Your role in the lawsuit
Who is liable in a truck accident?
A truck accident is different from a car crash. In most cases, the truck driver is not the owner of the truck. The truck belongs to a company or manufacturer. Depending on the case, the following parties can be held liable in a truck accident –
- The truck driver
- The carrier
- The trucking company
- The truck manufacturer ( or its parts )
- The cargo owner
- The local government or contractors who made the highway design or looks after the maintenance
Our Truck Accident Lawyers West Palm Beach can help you determine the liability.
We help the victim of a truck accident in the following cities also:
- Fort Lauderdale truck accident attorney
- Fort Myers truck accident attorney
- Miami truck accident lawyer
- Boynton Beach truck accident attorney
Read our blog related to the truck accidents: