Fort Myers Funeral Home Negligence Attorney
It is unfathomable that your loved one’s body would be mishandled by the funeral home negligence case you have entrusted it to, but such negligence happens more often than you may realize.
If your loved one’s body was mishandled or abused by a funeral home, we want to help you pursue the financial damages you are entitled to. Speak with a funeral home negligence lawyer in Fort Myers from the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato for your Fort Myers funeral home lawsuit today at (954) 633-8270 today.
What are the Types of Funeral Home Negligence?
There are several ways that a funeral home can fail to live up to its legal standard of care. Real-life examples of funeral home negligence include:
- Failing to embalm and/or present a body properly (in the way requested by the family)
- Storing a body improperly
- Losing or misplacing a body
- Cremating a body when it should not be
- Cremating a body prematurely
- Harvesting the body’s organs
- Embalming, showing, and/or burying the wrong body
- Burying a body in the incorrect cemetery or plot of land
- Stealing possessions from the body
- Damaging or altering the body through carelessness
- Burying a body in a casket other than the one that is purchased
- Failing to maintain a body properly, leading to degradation of the body
If your loved one’s body was subject to any of these forms of negligence, or another form of negligence not listed here, call a funeral home negligence attorney in Fort Myers at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270.
How a Funeral Home Negligence Lawyer in Fort Myers Can Help Your Family?
Too often the damage done by funeral home negligence cannot be directly undone, but there are legal avenues for establishing justice when funeral home negligence occurs. Our funeral home negligence lawyers in Fort Myers will treat you like family while handling several responsibilities, including:
- Personally investigating the circumstances that led to or caused the negligence.
- Interviewing those witness to or involved in the negligence to establish your case for damages.
- Filing and/or reviewing police reports pertaining to abuse and/or negligence regarding your loved one’s body.
- Maintaining correspondence with legal representatives for the funeral home to ensure we reach a settlement or judgment in an efficient manner.
- Ensuring that your family’s rights and dignity are protected throughout the entire legal process.
How to Proving Fault in a Fort Myers Funeral Home Negligence Case?
Our Fort Myers personal injury lawyer team will aim to establish that the funeral home was at fault for negligence relating to your loved one’s body by:
- Establishing that the funeral home had a duty of care to your family.
When we entrust a loved one’s body to a funeral home, they have a legal responsibility not to expose your family to an unreasonable risk of harm, including emotional distress and help in your Fort Myers funeral home lawsuit.
- Proving that the funeral home breached their duty of care.
Any number of actions or circumstances, from improper body storage to a lost body, could qualify as a breach of their duty of care to your family. We will present all available evidence to this end.
Our Funeral home negligence attorney will aim to show that the actions of the funeral home resulted in avoidable harm to your loved one’s body and emotional distress to your family.
- Calculate damages for funeral home lawsuit in Fort Myers.
This is where we determine what you are owed.
Call Us Today To See If You May Be Entitled To Fort Myers Funeral Home Lawsuit
You may be entitled to financial damages for your pain and suffering. Call our team of funeral home negligence lawyers in Fort Myers at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 to speak about your case.
We also help the victims of other practice areas:
Read our blog related to funeral home negligence:
See the Funeral Homes Resources list in other cities: