For many patients, going to the dentist is stressful even in the best of times. When the person you rely on to care for your teeth fails you, it can be both painful and emotionally traumatic.
If a recent dentist visit has you wondering if you have a Fort Lauderdale dental malpractice claim, we can help. Our Fort Lauderdale dental malpractice lawyer can review your situation and help you understand what legal options may be available to you.
Dental malpractice is no small matter. It can cause years of pain and require expensive procedures to fix. Let us help you understand your legal options and fight to recover losses. Call a Fort Lauderdale dental malpractice lawyer at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato at (954) 633-8270.
Types of Injuries That May Be Considered Dental Malpractice in Fort Lauderdale
Are you unsure if you have a Fort Lauderdale dental malpractice claim? It can be difficult to understand what is considered dental malpractice because not all dental mistakes are dental malpractice. Our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer team can review your situation and determine if you have a viable claim.
You may have a Fort Lauderdale dental malpractice claim if your dentist:
- Failed to diagnose an issue that most other dentists would have noticed
- Diagnosed and treated an issue that does not exist
- Performed the wrong procedure or the right procedure on the wrong tooth/area of the mouth
- Maintained unsafe or unclean practices that led to infection
- Failed to treat an infection
- Left a bandage or other device behind in the patient’s mouth, resulting in injury or damages.
- Caused irreparable or severe damage to the patient’s mouth, teeth, or gums
Determining the validity of a dental malpractice claim should be done by a legal team that understands the complexities of Florida medical malpractice laws. If you sustained injuries during a dental procedure and think you may have a dental malpractice claim, call our legal team at (954) 633-8270. Our Fort Lauderdale dental malpractice attorney can review your records and recommend your next steps.
No one expects to be the victim of dental malpractice but reported on such a case in Florida just a few years ago. If you or a loved one were victims of dental malpractice, reach out to us today.
Damages Available in Fort Lauderdale Dental Malpractice Claims
The damages available for a Fort Lauderdale dental malpractice victim can vary widely based on the details of your situation and the extent of your injuries. For example, the family of a patient who passed away due to improperly administered anesthesia would likely recover more than someone who had an unnecessary root canal.
While the amount of damage available may vary greatly, you can expect your Fort Lauderdale dental malpractice lawyer to consider pursuing the following losses:
- All medical or dental costs associated with the original procedure and additional treatment
- Pain and suffering from emotional and physical distress
- Loss of time at work
- Cost of aftercare
- Funeral or burial expenses, in the case of a wrongful death
You deserve a healthy smile and a dentist who is caring and thorough. When dental procedures go wrong, the dentist may be held liable for your losses. Contact the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato at (954) 633-8270 for a clear understanding of your legal rights.
How Our Firm Can Help with Your Fort Lauderdale Dental Malpractice Claim
When a Fort Lauderdale dental procedure leaves you in pain or with permanent damage to your teeth or gums, you may not be sure what your options are. The team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato can:
- Review your dental case to determine if dental malpractice occurred.
- Gather evidence to build a Fort Lauderdale dental malpractice claim, including gathering medical records, incident reports, and working with dental experts to establish a claim for malpractice.
- Determine who can be held liable for your injuries. At-fault parties may include the dentist, a hygienist, anesthesiologist, or even a medical device manufacturer.
- Estimate your total losses, which may include pain and suffering, dental or medical bills, and other losses.
- Negotiate with the provider’s insurance company to reach a settlement.
- Take your dental malpractice claim to court if we are unable to reach an agreement during negotiations.
If you suffered severe or permanent injuries after a Fort Lauderdale dental procedure, you want a legal team who understands how the Florida legal process works and can help you navigate the process. Let us fight for your right to recover compensation. Call dental malpractice lawyer in Fort Lauderdale at (954) 633-8270 to discuss your legal options.
Contact a Dental Malpractice Attorney in Fort Lauderdale Today
After a dental malpractice event, you have a limited amount of time to pursue your losses under Florida law. Our team is committed to helping you navigate the Fort Lauderdale dental malpractice process. In addition to helping you recover your losses, filing a claim may protect another patient from the same experience.
We are devoted to ensuring you understand all the legal options available and are available to answer your questions. Even if you are unsure if you have a dental malpractice claim, we can help with a free consult. Call today for a free Fort Lauderdale dental malpractice case evaluation at (954) 633-8270.
We also help the victims of other practice areas:
- Premises liability in Fort Lauderdale
- Medical malpractice in Fort Lauderdale
- Negligent security in Fort Lauderdale