Red Light Running Crashes
When somebody runs a red light, they knowingly put others at risk. When the decision to run a red light leads to an accident, any motorist or passenger that the vehicle strikes may be blindsided by the impact.
If somebody ran a red light and caused an accident that involved you or your loved one, then you may be entitled to compensation. Learning more about the risks of running a red light can help you understand just how much danger the defendant put you in.
Running a Red Light Can Easily Lead to Serious Injury or Death
If you were in an accident involving somebody who ran a red light, the first thing you do is seek medical attention. Several injuries you may suffer after a car accident may include:
- Vision problems
- Changes in mood or personality
- Pain or swelling in your abdomen
- Back pain
- Back or shoulder stiffness
Whether you feel these symptoms or not, it is critical that you seek medical attention right away. This could be an important step if you are pursuing compensation for your injuries. The next step is calling a Florida car accident attorney.
Know What a Car Accident Attorney Can Do For You
Lawyers are trained to handle cases like yours, and they can be especially helpful if you are ailing from a car accident. A car accident lawyer will handle your case from start to finish by:
- Speaking with you for as long as necessary to get a clear picture of your accident
- Filing the right paperwork to get your case started as soon as possible
- Consulting your doctors to obtain documentation of your injuries
- Negotiating with the insurance companies
- Collecting all evidence relevant to your claim or case
- Taking every step necessary to bring your case to completion, whether through a judgment or settlement
- Protecting your rights throughout the legal process
Your car accident lawyer will aim to show the court that by acting negligently in running the red light, the defendant in your case is responsible for any injuries and related losses that you sustained. If there are video evidence and testimony of the defendant running the light, you likely have a strong case.
Possible Compensation For Your Losses
If your car accident attorney proves that your losses are the result of negligence by one or more defendants, you could be entitled to collect compensation. Possible forms of car accident compensation include coverage for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income stemming from the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Future rehabilitation appointments, both physical and psychological
- Punitive damages against the defendant
You could be entitled to an array of awards for your losses depending on the circumstances of your case. Make sure to call our lawyer today to get your case started.
Call Our Team at Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato Today
We give lawyers a good name and will fight hard for you. Call the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato team today at (954) 633-8270 for a free consultation regarding your case. Reach out today, as there may be timelines that could affect how long you have to take action.
We also help the victims of a car accident in the following cities: