Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Basic knowledge about Automobile Accident Injuries in Florida

Automobile Accident Injuries: The Basics


Fill out the form below to submit your inquiry

    Automobile Accident Injuries

    Every year people are involved in car accidents that result in severe injuries and loss of lives, and that number is predicted to become the primary cause for preventable death in the next 15 years, outranking the current two leaders: smoking and obesity. Personal injuries caused by car accidents are one of the highest types of personal injury claims.

    If you were involved in a car accident and suffered trauma, injuries, and pain, you have the right to seek compensation. These basic facts will help you understand how to seek compensation if you were a passenger or driver that was hit by another car or if you were a bystander who got hit when a car ran up on the sidewalk.

    Types of Possible Car Accident Claims

    • Car Accident ClaimMedical Expenses: If you received serious injuries as a result of a car accident and needed to seek medical treatment, you could file a claim.
    • Loss of Income: You can file a claim for any loss of income resulting from a car accident that wasn’t your fault.
    • Defective vehicle claims
    • Bystander claims: If a car swerved out of control and you were hit by the car while standing, walking, or waiting for a bus, you can file a claim.

    Due to the number of car accidents that continues to increase each year, there are many law firms that specialize in vehicular accidents and can provide legal assistance to people injured in a car accident that was not their fault.

    Even if the costs incurred by accidents are covered by insurance companies (such as medical expenses), Florida personal injury law firms that specialize in car accident cases can get a victim compensation for all losses incurred that were caused by the accident, including loss of income and pain and suffering.

    What if the driver who caused the accident doesn’t have car insurance?

    Personal injury law firms specializing in car accidents can help even if the driver of the car that hit yours didn’t have insurance, something an insurance company can’t do.

    If you or a member of your family has been a victim of a car accident, you should contact a qualified, compassionate Fort Lauderdale car accident attorney with litigation experience in vehicular accident cases. You may be able to recover compensation. Even if you don’t feel pain, you should make an appointment to see your health care professional immediately following the accident, in order to document your injuries and physical condition. Often, these types of injuries worsen over time.

    After seeing the doctor, contact a lawyer with a proven track record handling car accident cases as soon as possible. There are time limits (that vary from state to state) as to when you can file for compensation against the responsible parties and a qualified personal injury lawyer will explain this statute of limitations.

    The best kind of lawyer for car accidents is one who will get you the compensation to cover all of your medical treatment, including payment for the pain and suffering that you went through when you were injured and during the course of the treatment. Any loss of income during the time you were being treated should also be covered. Even if you were in a car accident and aren’t sure you have a case, you should still contact a lawyer to help you determine if you have justifiable cause to file a claim for compensation. Please contact our Personal Injury Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale for more legal help.

    Call The Law Offices Of Wolf & Pravato Today at (954) 633-8270.

    The Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato have helped many auto accident victims. You should know that Florida has a statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits. You have four years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Please call our personal injury lawyer in Florida today for a free consultation at (954) 633-8270.

    Back To Top