Lyft Accident Settlement in Florida
The official website of Lyft does not particularly mention any instructions for riders in case of an accident. However, it does instruct its driver to always call 911, ensure the safety of passengers, and get the nearest medical attention. In addition to this, the business makes sure that the passengers are safe at all times.
Furthermore, Lyft also has a “Trust and Safety Team” which reaches out to passengers in the wake of an accident with all the necessary insurance information as well as attempts to manage the crisis.
You Need an Attorney for Lyft Accident Lawsuit
Ultimately, as much as Lyft is concerned about the safety of its passengers, it also has to worry about the driver and occupants of other vehicles. Their policies are quite clear and allow drivers to reach out to the company in case of an accident. However, they are not clear about what happens next. Hence, you will need an attorney by your side who will only focus on your loss, recovery, and compensation.
Gather as Much Information If Involved in a Lyft Accident
If you are involved in a car accident, make sure to gather as much information as you can about the crash. It includes the location, time of day, and road conditions. If you are a passenger, make sure to get information for your driver as well as other drivers involved in the crash. You should note down the name, address, and phone number of the Lyft driver. Here’s all you need to make note of
- The other driver’s name, address, and phone number
- The personal insurance information for your Lyft driver
- Any insurance information you can get regarding Lyft own insurance
- The other driver’s insurance information
- Vehicle information (registration number, make, model, and license plate numbers) for any cars involved
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses
If the situation allows, take pictures and notes regarding any injuries or vehicle damage.
How much a Lyft accident settlement is worth depends on several factors including:
- How serious your injuries are
- The insurance coverage that applies
- Who was at fault for the accident
Personal Injury Cases of Lyft Accidents are More Complicated
As compared to other competitors, the personal injury cases of Lyft accidents are more complicated due to several confounding factors. Firstly, you should notify Lyft immediately after your accident to file for compensation for your losses. The website has a 24 hour Lyft emergency number which represents a Lyft claims adjuster. Secondly, your statements might be recorded as the customer service representative understands your case to restrict their liability or decrease the amount of money you can get from your injury claim.
Hence, you need a professional personal injury attorney to represent your case and get you fair compensation for your loss.
Compensation Available to You After a Lyft Accident
The compensation available after a Lyft accident includes:
- Medical bills (current and future)
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Miscellaneous expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A Lyft accident lawyer can also help if your loved one passed away due to injuries they suffered. You can call our Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyer for quick help with your case.
Lyft Has Insurance Coverage for Accidents
Lyft provides insurance for motor vehicle accidents in Florida but only under certain circumstances. Lyft provides:
- Liability insurance up to one million dollars. This insurance is secondary to the driver’s own insurance.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance up to one million dollars.
Generally, the insurance comes into play when the Lyft driver has logged into their app, accepted a ride from a passenger, and is on the way to pick them up, or is already transporting the passenger to their destination. During this period, Lyft will cover:
- Primary liability insurance: Lyft will cover all injured parties up to one million dollars in an accident their driver causes. They will cover damage to another vehicle and injuries to anyone else involved.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage: Lyft also provides up to one million dollars in case the party at fault for the accident (another driver) is uninsured.
Lyft Accident Settlement Amounts
Lyft accident settlement amounts Florida – Lyft also provides contingency coverage if you are injured in an accident caused by a Lyft driver who had not yet matched with a rider (i.e., the driver had the app open and was available). This contingency uber accident coverage is for the following amounts:
- $50,000 per person
- $100,000 per accident
- $25,000 property damage
This only applies if the driver’s personal insurance refuses to payout.
Note: If the driver was not driving for Lyft at the time, their personal insurance coverage applies.
Recovering the Compensation You Deserve
Our Fort Myers personal injury lawyer team will handle all aspects of your case. We will:
- Establish the driver’s “status” at the time of the accident
- Prove the driver was at fault
- Establish the value of your case
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- Manage all communication with the insurer
- Represent you in court if necessary
Lyft Accident Lawsuit
There are a few things you can do to help your case:
- Getting medical attention as soon as possible if you did not do so at the scene.
- Document what happened as soon as you can to avoid forgetting important details.
- Never admitting fault, regardless if you believe you were at fault or not.
- Calling your insurance company and reporting the accident. Do not admit fault to them either. Just present the facts of what happened as you remember them.
- Declining the request for a recorded statement from the driver’s insurance company or Lyft.
- Calling a Lyft accident attorney to help you navigate the legal and insurance systems.
Call us for Lyft Driver Accident Settlement at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato Today
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if your Lyft gets in an accident?
Any passenger or Lyft or Uber expects a smooth ride. However, if you meet an accident on the same, you may be wondering what to do next. If you are severely injured, you might have medical expenses that need to be covered. However, this could not help as you are already suffering from pain. In this case, you should contact an experienced car accident attorney at the earliest.
Does Lyft pay for accidents?
Whether you were a passenger in Lyft, a pedestrian hit by Lyft, or a driver of another car crashed by Lyft, you are allowed to seek compensation for your injuries. Lyft provides up to $1 million per accident under its insurance plans along with $50,000 per person for personal injuries. This insurance plan acts as a primary insurance plan in a Lyft accident. In case, if this insurance is not adequate or another driver caused the accident, their insurance policies can also cover your injuries. Now, as accident injuries can vary from minor whiplash to major traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injuries, it is crucial to ensure that there is a policy that can cover your injuries.
In Florida, drivers can choose by using a no-fault insurance policy. This States that your insurance, if you were injured while driving the other car in a Lyft accident, could cover your injuries regardless of who is at fault. The minimum coverage for “Personal Injury Protection” is $5000 which can initially help you to recover as you move towards the insurance plan of Lyft.
How much is the Lyft settlement?
Usually, the personal injury settlements for Lyft range between $300,000 to $1 million. The amount for your settlement should be proportional to the severity of your injuries. If you suffered a broken bone (which can heal without causing impact to your life), your settlement will not be as would be for someone who suffered a lifetime disability or any disfiguring injury or needs major surgery or rehabilitation for the same.
Can Lyft deactivate you?
If you have been using Lyft for a long time and you can no longer access the app or it has been deactivated. Here’s what you can do
- If you are a driver, your Lyft account can be deactivated due to the expiration of your license, breaking a law while driving, driving a minor without their guardian, getting intoxicated or under the influence of substance while driving, or violation of the anti-discriminatory policy of Lyft or other reasons.
- If you are a passenger, your account may be deactivated due to a mistake, someone with access deleting your account, or you might have been banned as a passenger due to inappropriate behavior.
However, even if you have been deactivated, and you believe you did not violate any Lyft rules, you can easily reactivate your account from the website.
Can you sue Lyft for an accident?
If you have been hurt badly in a car crash involving a Lyft vehicle, you can sue the company for your losses or injuries. The personal injury law in Florida allows you to seek compensation for your injuries by filing a lawsuit against Lyft. However, you will need to prove the following to get your compensation.
- The Lyft driver owed you a duty of care to keep you safe or out of harm’s way,
- The Lyft driver failed to uphold this duty,
- That failure was the cause of your injuries and the extent of your injuries.
We also help the victims of a uber accident in the following cities: