Lyft Accident Settlement in Florida
How much a Lyft accident settlement is worth depends on several factors including:
- How serious your injuries are
- The insurance coverage that applies
- Who was at fault for the accident
Compensation Available to You After a Lyft Accident
The compensation available after a Lyft accident includes:
- Medical bills (current and future)
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Miscellaneous expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A Lyft accident lawyer can also help if your loved one passed away due to injuries they suffered.
Lyft Has Insurance Coverage for Accidents
Lyft provides insurance for motor vehicle accidents in Florida but only under certain circumstances. Lyft provides:
- Liability insurance up to one million dollars. This insurance is secondary to the driver’s own insurance.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance up to one million dollars.
Generally, the insurance comes into play when the Lyft driver has logged into their app, accepted a ride from a passenger and is on the way to pick them up, or is already transporting the passenger to their destination. During this period, Lyft will cover:
- Primary liability insurance: Lyft will cover all injured parties up to one million dollars in an accident their driver causes. They will cover damage to another vehicle and injuries to anyone else involved.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage: Lyft also provides up to one million dollars in case the party at fault for the accident (another driver) is uninsured.
Lyft also provides contingency coverage if you are injured in an accident caused by a Lyft driver who had not yet matched with a rider (i.e., the driver had the app open and was available). This contingency uber accident coverage is for the following amounts:
- $50,000 per person
- $100,000 per accident
- $25,000 property damage
This only applies if the driver’s personal insurance refuses to payout.
Note: If the driver was not driving for Lyft at the time, their personal insurance coverage applies.
Accidents Caused By Third Parties
Recovering the Compensation You Deserve
Our Fort Myers personal injury lawyer team will handle all aspects of your case. We will:
- Establish the driver’s “status” at the time of the accident
- Prove the driver was at fault
- Establish the value of your case
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- Manage all communication with the insurer
- Represent you in court if necessary
There are a few things you can do to help your case:
- Getting medical attention as soon as possible if you did not do so at the scene.
- Documenting what happened as soon as you can to avoid forgetting important details.
- Never admitting fault, regardless if you believe you were at fault or not.
- Calling your insurance company and reporting the accident. Do not admit fault to them either. Just present the facts of what happened as you remember them.
- Declining the request for a recorded statement from the driver’s insurance company or Lyft.
- Calling a Lyft accident attorney to help you navigate the legal and insurance systems.
Call the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato Today
We also help the victims of a uber accident in the following cities: