If you or a loved one was injured in a motor vehicle collision involving a taxi accident, there may be additional considerations when pursuing financial damages.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a taxi accident, a taxi accident lawyer in Fort Myers can help. Call our team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 for a free consultation.
Motor Vehicle Collisions Can Cause Serious Injury or Death
Serious injuries from a taxi accident may involve:
- Concussion and other traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Broken bones, including hands, wrists, forearms, ribs, and facial bones
- Scrapes and cuts
- Herniated disk
- Internal bleeding
These are far from the only injuries that can occur from a motor vehicle collision, and if a taxi was involved in the collision, you may be entitled to additional damages for your hardship.
If you have sustained any of the listed injuries or any other injury in an accident involving a taxi, we want to hear about your case. You may be entitled to financial damages if it is determined that one or more motorists is at fault.
Proving Liability in a Motor Vehicle Collision Involving a Taxi
Whether you were the passenger in a taxi that was involved in a motor vehicle collision or were a motorist or pedestrian who was struck by a taxi, a taxi accident lawyer in Fort Myers will follow a four-step process to prove liability in taxi accident:
- Establish that the liable party had a duty of care not to put other motorists or pedestrians at an unreasonable risk of harm.
This is Florida law, and it is well-established that all motorists must operate their vehicle in a reasonably safe manner.
- Prove that the defendant breached their duty of care.
This can be shown by proving through video evidence, witness testimony, and other means that the party who caused the crash was engaging in some unsafe behavior, such as drunk driving or texting while driving.
- Show that the careless or reckless behavior caused the crash and, by extension, your injuries.
Once it is established which party caused the crash, we will aim to show that your injuries were caused by the collision.
- Calculate and request damages.
During this stage, we will explain to the court how the injuries have imposed direct and indirect costs that should be compensated by the liable party.
With this in mind, there are considerations involving who is liable when a taxi is involved in a motor vehicle collision, as the taxi company, not just the driver, may be on the hook for damages.
A taxi accident lawyer serving Fort Myers can help you decide who the liable party is depending on the circumstances of your case. Call our team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 for a free consultation.
What Else a Fort Myers Taxi Accident Attorney Can Do for You
When you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident involving a taxi, your sole focus should be on recovery. A taxi accident lawyer in Fort Myers can handle the legal aspects of pursuing damages. They will:
- Come to your place of recovery to hear firsthand how the accident happened and how your injuries have impeded your ability to maintain employment.
- Collect, review, and archive any evidence of the accident, including photographs, videos, and police reports.
- Interview witnesses to the accident and rely on those witnesses when presenting your case at trial or during settlement negotiations.
- Handle all filing responsibilities and legal correspondence throughout the entirety of the legal process.
- Serve as your legal advocate from first meeting through the completion of a judgement or settlement.
This is a difficult time, and a Fort Myers taxi accident attorney can remove the legal burden of seeking financial relief from your shoulders.
Damages You May Be Entitled to in the Wake of a Taxi-Involved Collision
The details of your case will go a long way in determining what kind and the amount of damages you may be entitled to. We typically see that victims of motor vehicle collisions receive compensation for:
- The cost of emergency transportation
- ER and surgery bills
- Expenses related to your hospital stay
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
If you lost a loved one in an accident, you may be entitled to:
- Funeral costs
- Loss of consortium
- Wages lost as a result of the victim’s death
- Pain and suffering
The tricky part may be figuring out who is responsible for these damages, as it could be the driver, taxi company, another motorist, or some combination of these. Our Fort Myers personal injury lawyer team will determine who is liable and pursue them for damages.
Do Not Wait to Call a Taxi Accident Lawyer In Fort Myers
Personal injury and wrongful death claims are generally subject to a statute of limitations, meaning that waiting could mean risking your ability to bring a lawsuit against the liable party.
We also help the victims of other practice areas: