West Palm Beach Taxi Accident Attorney
Motor vehicle or pedestrian collisions involving taxis inflict much of the same damage that those not involving taxis do, but there may be other legal considerations when it comes time to pursue damages for your injuries. A taxi accident lawyer in West Palm Beach can advise you on the nuances of a personal injury or wrongful death suit involving a taxi.
Whether you were the passenger, another motorist, or pedestrian in an accident involving a taxi, we want to help. Call our team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 for a free consultation regarding your case.
Do Not Wait to Contact a Taxi Accident Lawyer In West Palm Beach
In Florida, there is a legal time limit on the ability of most car accident victims to bring forth legal action against a liable party. For motor vehicle collisions involving a taxi where negligence was involved—negligence being the aspect that will allow you to collect damages—victims generally have four years from the date of the accident to initiate legal action.
This time limit is dictated by Florida state law, which outlines the statutes of limitations for various types of litigation. If you lost a loved one in a taxi-involved motor vehicle or pedestrian accident, you may be limited to two years to bring legal action. Do not wait to contact a taxi accident lawyer in West Palm Beach.
What a Taxi Accident Lawyer Will Do for You
If you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, this is no time for you to take on the additional burden of a legal case. A taxi accident lawyer serving West Palm Beach will take over the responsibilities and duties that come with pursuing financial damages. Call the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato at (954) 633-8270. Our West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer team will:
Visit With You and Collect Medical Documentation
- Visit you in your place of recovery to discuss the accident, including who is at fault from your perspective and how your injuries have impacted your life.
- Review and archive all relevant medical records, including x-rays, test results, surgery files, and medical bills for later use at trial or in settlement negotiations.
- Speak with your medical caregivers and record their testimony as to how significant your injuries are and how they have impeded your ability to maintain work.
Understand and Document the Accident
- Visit the scene of the accident to photograph, record, and note any remaining evidence of the accident.
- Collect all preexisting evidence, such as photographs of the accident scene, video of the accident, and any police reports.
- Interview witnesses, particularly those who can attest that the liable party caused the accident and acted negligently.
Handle Your Legal Case From Start to Finish
- File your paperwork promptly to ensure you abide by the statute of limitations.
- Handle all filing and legal correspondence.
- Serve as your legal counselor from our initial meeting to the completion of a settlement or judgement.
- Ensure your rights are protected throughout the entirety of the legal process.
Our West Palm Beach Taxi Accident Lawyers Will Aim to Prove Liability
One critical element of your legal pursuit of damages will be our ability to prove that the liable party is, in fact, liable for your injuries or loved one’s death. A taxi accident lawyer serving West Palm Beach will do this by:
- Establishing that the liable party, whether it is the taxi driver, cab company, another motorist, or some combination, owed you a duty of care.
This tenet is basic Florida law: all motorists owe other motorists, pedestrians, and their passengers a duty of care not to put them at unreasonable risk of harm.
- Attempt to prove that the liable party acted in a way that breached their duty of care.
We may be able to show this through video and/or photographic evidence, as well as witness testimony. Any number of behaviors, including speeding, tailgating, texting while driving, and drunk driving typically qualifies as a breach of the duty of care.
- Show that the breach of the duty of care caused the accident and, by extension, your injuries.
Here, we can consult medical records and professionals to show that your injuries did, in fact, result from the collision.
- Calculate and request damages.
Our Florida taxi accident lawyer will come to this figure through a well-conceived, detailed calculation of the losses you have endured as a result of your injuries.
Damages You May Be Entitled to After an Accident Involving a Taxi
All motor vehicle collision cases are different, and those differences generally impact the potential damages a victim can collect. However, we often see damages awarded that cover:
- The cost of emergency transportation
- The cost of any ER visits
- The cost of your hospital stays
- Expenses related to rehabilitation, including transportation and the appointments themselves
- Lost wages resulting from your injuries
- Diminished earning capacity stemming from your injuries
- Long-term disability
- Pain and suffering
If you have lost a loved one in a taxi accident, you may be entitled to additional damages, including:
- Funeral costs
- The cost of medical care for the deceased
- Loss of guidance (children)
- Loss of companionship (spouse)
- Long-term financial protection, such as the projected wages of the deceased
Call Our West Palm Beach Taxi Accident Attorney Today
It is important in any case involving injury or wrongful death from a taxi accident to know who the liable party is. It may be the driver, but it may also be a taxi company or another person altogether. We can help you figure this out, as well as handle your legal case from start to finish.
Call our team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 for a free consultation regarding your case.