Boynton Beach Taxi Accident Attorney
According to data from the U.S. Department of Transportation, the number of monthly motor vehicle accidents in Florida generally ranges between 31,000 and 37,000. If you are a victim of one of these motor vehicle collisions, and particularly if your collision involved a taxi, there may be unique considerations when pursuing financial damages. Speak with a taxi accident attorney in Boynton Beach from the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 to discuss your case.
Do Not Wait to Contact a Taxi Accident Lawyer Serving Boynton Beach
Florida’s statutes of limitations put a timeframe on your ability to bring legal action against a liability party. If your case involves a motor vehicle collision involving a taxi, you generally have four years from the date of the accident to initiate legal action. If your case involves the death of a loved one, that window may be shorter, generally two years from the date of the accident.
A taxi accident lawyer in Boynton Beach, though, can help you file the necessary paperwork promptly to ensure your case remains eligible.
What a Boynton Beach Taxi Accident Lawyer Will Do for You
Our team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato will work to efficiently proceed with your case and take the legal burden off of your plate from the outset. In each case we aim to:
Consult With You and Your Caregivers
- We will meet with you to speak in-depth about the accident, from how it occurred to who is liable for your injuries, as well as your options for pursuing financial compensation.
- We will speak with your attending physicians and other medical professionals to understand and document the nature and extent of your injuries.
- We will work to collect all medical records and bills as evidence at trial and in settlement negotiations.
Collect Testimony of How Your Injuries Have Impacted You
- We want to hear how the collision has impacted your ability to maintain employment and carry out daily routines.
- We will speak with your friends, family, and employers to strengthen your case for damages.
Handle All of Your Legal Responsibilities
- We will collect all evidence of the accident, from videos, photographs of the accident scene, and police reports detailing the collision and its cause.
- We will interview witnesses to the accident, particularly those who can establish that the liable party acted in a negligent manner.
- We will file all paperwork necessary to begin the legal process.
- We will serve as your legal counselor from our initial meeting through the completion of a judgement or settlement.
- We will ensure that your rights are protected throughout the entirety of the legal process.
So, If you involve in a taxi accident call our team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 to discuss your case.
Proving Liability in a Taxi Accident Case
When a taxi was involved in the infliction of your injuries, we will help you figure out who is liable: the taxi driver, the cab company, another motorist, or some combination. Once our Florida taxi accident lawyers decide who is at fault, we will set out to prove liability by:
- Establishing that the liable party had a duty of care to you or your loved one.
This is almost self-evident, as Florida law states that all motorists have a duty not to put other motorists, pedestrians, or passengers at an unreasonable risk of harm.
- Show that the defendant breached their duty of care to you or your loved one.
If the person who caused or contributed to the accident engaged in any form of dangerous behavior—speeding, tailgating, making a phone call, texting, being intoxicated, etc.—we may be able to show that they breached the duty of care that you or your loved one was legally owed.
- Prove that the defendant’s actions caused your injuries.
Once we establish that the defendant was at fault for the accident, we will show which injuries you or your loved one sustained in the accident in order to show causation.
- Calculating and requesting damages.
You may be compensated for a variety of damages if you were injured in a taxi-involved motor vehicle collision.
Damages To Which You May Be Entitled
No two personal injury cases are the same, but if you were injured in a motor vehicle collision involving a taxi, you might be entitled to damages covering:
- Emergency transportation from the scene of the accident
- Emergency room visit
- Any surgery stemming from the accident
- The cost of your hospital stay
- Any ongoing rehabilitation required for your injuries
- The cost of travel to rehabilitation appointments
Secondary Costs Relating to Your Injuries
- Loss of wages due to your inability to work
- Diminished earning capacity due to your injuries
- Loss of happiness due to scarring or disfigurement
- Long-term disability
- Pain and suffering
If you lost a loved one in a motor vehicle collision involving a taxi, you might be entitled to additional damages including:
- Funeral costs
- Loss of companionship and guidance
- Loss of financial protection
Call Our Boynton Beach Taxi Accident Attorney Today
The Boynton Beach personal injury lawyer team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato wants to help you obtain the financial damages you deserve. Call us today at (954) 633-8270 to discuss how a Boynton Beach taxi accident attorney from our team can help.