Value of Your Uber Accident Case
Whenever you are involved in a uber accident of any kind, it is natural to feel confused about what to do next. The trauma of the accident and a lack of knowledge of the law can leave you with a lot of questions. One of the most common questions asked by car crash victims who are bringing forth a law suit is how much compensation they might be able to receive. This is not the easiest question to answer because there are several different factors that can affect your compensation. One of the newer complications to this is the advent of rideshare cars such as Uber and Lyft that are on the road. Here’s a breakdown of what goes into determining your compensation in a rideshare related vehicle crash.
- The first and most important aspect that goes into determining how much you can get in compensation is the extent of your injuries. One of the first things you will need to show documentation of is your medical treatment so that your attorney can determine what injuries you have sustained and what you can get in reparation for those injuries. This is why it is of utmost importance to get medical treatment immediately after the accident. If you wait, the opposing attorney may be able to say that the injuries are not so severe or were caused by something other than the accident. Your doctor will also be asked to estimate your projected medical care costs from the accident as these future medical costs (including rehabilitation and physical therapy) will also figure into your compensation.
- The next area that can impact your compensation is economic losses. This is also a two-pronged area. First, compensation can cover immediate economic loss such as lost wages in the present as you recover from the car crash. It also includes future earning losses if you cannot continue to work after your accident due to your injuries or potential disabilities.
- The third compensation factor is “pain and suffering.” This can be awarded by a judge or jury on the basis of a daily amount to compensate the victim for the physical pain and emotional suffering that they have faced since the accident.
- If the defendant is found to have acted in a grossly negligent manner (such as through drinking and driving), then he can also be ordered to pay punitive damages which are meant to punish the driver for his actions.
- The final factor in determining your compensation is the insurance coverage from the rideshare company. In general, Uber and Lyft drivers have a $250,000 coverage limit if there is no passenger in the car, but a $1,000,000 limit if the driver is en route to pick up or drop off a passenger. Uber Accident Claims
Ultimately, one of the most important factors is the law firm that you choose to represent you. An experienced firm can help to maximize your compensation. The Florida uber accident attorneys at th law office of Wolf & Pravato are the Fort lauderdale Lyft accident lawyers that you need representing you if you have been injured by a rideshare vehicle driver. We can help you get the compensation that you deserve. Contact us today for a consultation to review your case and apprise you of your rights in this matter.