Calling an Uber Can be Smart Decision
More and more people in Fort Lauderdale, Miami and West Palm Beach are using ride-sharing companies like Uber and Lyft to get around. It’s a convenient, hassle-free way to travel to and from anywhere near or far. Uber has even expanded to now feature Uber for Business, which allows people to expense work-related trips and order rides for their clients and customers, and Uber Eats, a restaurant online ordering and delivery service.
It’s safe to say that Uber has become quite the phenomenon in today’s society. It is available in 600 cities across 65 countries all over the world. There have been over five billion trips made worldwide — 15 million of which are made in just one day. There are 75 million people who ride as an Uber passenger, and a total of 3 million drivers throughout the world. The United States is Uber’s biggest market, with 750,000 drivers based here in the U.S., and as of March 2018, 41.8 million users have been recorded.
These numbers indicate that Uber is probably not going anywhere any time soon. Since Uber is such a prominent part of our daily lives, it is important to our team of Fort Myers personal injury attorneys to keep our South Florida community informed of the top reasons to know when to call an Uber. One of these reasons is because of its safety features — and these features keep improving with time.
There is also insurance coverage for every single ride. If you get into an accident while riding as an Uber passenger, Uber’s insurance covers you no matter who is at fault, whether it was your Uber driver or the driver of the other vehicle involved in the crash. Uber’s insurance covers up to $1 million in liability coverage, and also covers up to $1 million in uninsured motorist coverage. The medical coverage from PIP is for up to $10,000.
There are many additional reasons as to why someone may choose to be an Uber passenger for their travels instead of driving themselves in their own car, many of which involve alcohol.
Our successful and experienced team of Fort Lauderdale auto accident attorney don’t have to tell you twice… We are all very well aware of the dangers that can occur when someone gets behind the wheel while under the influence. With Uber out there as an option, there is absolutely no reason why someone should be driving drunk.
Alcohol is the number one reason our South Florida law firm recommends that you always call an Uber. If you are planning a night out drinking — whether for some kind of celebration with family or friends, attending an event with an open bar, or going to a wine or cocktail tasting/pairing dinner — and you know that you will be imbibing throughout the evening and will be drunk by the end of the night, plan ahead and take an Uber both to and from your destination.
If you are out and end up drinking more than you planned, and don’t feel entirely confident getting behind the wheel and driving home, don’t. It’s a far better and safer idea for you to leave your car wherever you are and call an Uber to pick you up. Don’t stress out about leaving your vehicle in the parking lot of a restaurant or bar. If this idea worries you, call a sober friend or family member and ask if they can arrange to pick up your car and drive it safely home.
Other reasons as to why calling an Uber is a smart idea include the following:
- You’ll be able to wait safely indoors until your Uber arrives, which can protect you from bad weather or keep you safe if you happen to be in a not-so-great part of town. Using the app’s tracking device, you will know exactly when your Uber is outside, ready and waiting for you.
- There is a digital record of your travel, which can be useful in many different scenarios.
- A driver-rating system allows passengers to know how many rides their driver has given and how long they have been driving, what people are saying about them (i.e., comments can be left that specify “great conversation” or “neat and tidy”). An overall star rating gives you a good idea of how good this particular is.
- Uber is completely hands-off when it comes to payment. You can pay through the app, and tip too, so there’s no need to even take out your wallet. It’s particularly helpful if you happen to forget or lose your wallet, or don’t have any money on you.
- Uber is extremely customer-friendly and easy to use.
- There are a variety of different sized cars available to choose from, which is helpful when you are traveling with a group and need more space. There is also UberBlack, which offers high-end vehicles for an elevated experience, and UberWAV for those who need a wheelchair-friendly car.
- You also have the opportunity to take UberPool, which can save a little money if you don’t mind the possibility of an additional stop during your trip.
The law Offices Of Wolf & Pravato, has a team of Fort Lauderdale Uber accident attorneys who are both knowledgeable and aware of all the ins and outs regarding ride-sharing companies, their vehicles, drivers and passengers. There are a lot of complicated details that Uber customers might not always completely understand should they find themselves in an accident or any kind of situation that involves the law.
In the event that you have been injured in an Uber accident or the greater South Florida area, the law offices of Wolf & Pravato is here to guide you through the process to make sure all of your valuable rights are protected. Our experts attorneys will always fight to win every case and to maximize every claim, and we want to be able to do this for you.
We will be able to alert the proper authorities about the accident and take all the necessary steps to ensure that you receive the proper care and compensation you deserve. We will advocate for your full financial recovery through detailed, meticulous preparation for trial.
Our law firm distinguishes itself because of decades of experience and the legal resources to handle virtually any case that involves personal injuries or injuries to loved ones, and in light of recent trends, personal injury cases having to do with Uber rides have shot to the top of our list of practice areas.