Scooter Accident Settlement
There are so many variables in a scooter or moped accident that it is not possible to list an average settlement verdict. Each case is individually assessed and depends on several factors. The best way to find out an electric or bird scooter lawsuit is by contacting a scooter accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale.
Factors That Affect a Scooter Accident Settlement Verdict
There is no specific way to calculate or predict a settlement for a scooter or moped accident. Typically, a scooter accident lawyer will consider your injuries and expenses. An accident settlement verdict is based upon two kinds of compensatory damages: general and special. Also, follow the e-scooter accident concerns.
Understanding the Two Kinds of Compensatory Damages
Special damages usually include:
- Hospital and doctor bills
- Ongoing treatment including therapy and prescription medicine
- Property damage
- Reimbursement for alternative transportation if you cannot ride your scooter
- Lost pay
General damages are less tangible and include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship
An insurance adjuster or court will consider the severity of your injuries and if you are expected to make a full recovery.
Incomplete or Weak Claims May Also Affect a Settlement
In addition to considering bodily injuries and property damage, a scooter accident settlement verdict is also affected by the strength of your case.
The factors that could affect your settlement might include:
- Incomplete or missing medical records
- If you are partly responsible for the accident
- If you have not followed your healthcare professional’s treatment plan
- Conflicting witness statements
- Preexisting health conditions
- Unlawful behavior
How to Maximize a Scooter Accident Settlement Verdict
The Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato have helped scooter accident victims recover compensation. While past results do not guarantee future verdicts, there are steps that a scooter accident lawyer can take to maximize your potential compensation.
These steps include:
- Filing an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit on time – Florida has a four-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits.
- Compiling all your medical bills, repair costs, and other expenses.
- Writing a detailed letter for non-economic damages such as mental anguish.
- Communicating on your behalf, including making counter-offers to reach an acceptable settlement.
- Taking your case to court to pursue compensation.
To further strengthen your claim, please do not discuss your case with anyone except your Fort Lauderdale scooter attorney. Do not post details about your accident on social media. Finally, please do not make any statements to the insurance adjuster. You do not want to jeopardize your settlement. If you don’t know who responsible for scooter accident contact our Florida scooter accident attorney.
We Invite You to a Free Consultation
Scooters and mopeds are an inexpensive way to travel in and around South Florida. However, they tend to be slower than other vehicles and offer little protection to their operators. If you were involved in a scooter or moped accident and would like to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, please click here. Or call the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato at (954) 633-8270.