Slip and Fall Symptoms
If you slip and fall, it is a good idea to see a doctor as soon as possible. Slip and fall injuries are not always obvious directly after an accident. Some injuries can take days or even weeks to show up.
Feeling Fine is Not the Same as Being Fine
Getting medically evaluated after a slip and fall accident is important for two reasons:
- It can help you rule out any slip and fall injuries
- It can help you tie any injuries you do have to the accident if you decide to file a claim or lawsuit at a later date. Insurance companies know that medical documentation is reliable evidence.
If you are evaluated at a hospital and sent home afterward, be aware of some delayed symptoms from slip and fall accidents including:
- Balance issues
- Lethargy or listlessness
- Inability to walk
- Excessive bruising
- Ringing in the ears
- Numbness or tingling in arms or legs
- Speech problems
- Sleeping problems
- Blurred vision
- Light sensitivity
- Back pain
- Memory problems
The sooner you get medical treatment, the more evident it is that your injuries are related to your slip and fall. Follow your doctor’s advice and recommendations regarding the best way to recover from your slip and fall injuries. Make sure to keep all your medically related paperwork and receipts to give to your Florida brain injury attorney.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
If you have slipped and fallen due to someone else’s negligence, the first thing to do is get medical attention. Different falls lead to different injuries. Even if the fall seems minor, and you do not feel especially injured, do not take any chances. Many injuries appear minor at first, but you can wind up with:
- Severe soft tissue injuries: Some soft tissue injuries are not visible right away or may look like simple sprains. They can also be torn ligaments or tendons that may need surgery to correct, and, according the Mayo Clinic, they can cause ongoing pain.
- Head injuries: Any injury that affects the head or brain can be catastrophic. If you experienced a loss of consciousness, swelling, or bleeding, it is a good idea to get medical evaluation and treatment. Slip and fall injuries are a common cause of traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can affect you for the rest of your life.
- Spinal cord injuries: These injuries can also be life-threatening and can result in partial or complete paralysis.
- Broken bones: Broken bones must be treated by a medical professional. Severe fractures may require physical therapy to prevent chronic pain. Broken hips in older individuals can quickly lead to other dangerous health conditions.
An Attorney Can Help You Recover Compensation After a Slip and Fall
A Florida personal injury attorney can help you determine who is liable for your injuries and can help you get the compensation you deserve. Do not delay, as Florida state law (VIII.95.11) imposes a four year statute of limitations. If you have slipped and fallen on another party’s property, a slip and fall attorney can help. Contact the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato at (954) 633-8270 for a free case evaluation. Our Fort lauderdale slip and fall lawyers can help you recover compensation for medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and mental anguish. We know how to help.