For a Minor Car Accident, Do I Need a Lawyer? Examining Your Selections
While you aren’t required to hire a lawyer for a minor car accident (or any car accident for that matter), many crash victims find legal representation beneficial. Not only can a car accident attorney help you explore your legal options, but they can also gather evidence, prove liability, and seek compensation.
If you’re on the fence about hiring a Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer to handle your case, you could reach out to a personal injury law firm for a free consultation. You can ask any questions you have and discuss the details of your case, even if you were only involved in a seemingly minor accident.
A Car Accident Lawyer Can Handle Your Case’s Legal Obligations
Even seemingly insignificant car accidents could allow you to recover compensation. However, it’s not always easy to figure out how much your case is worth on your own. If you work with a Miami car accident lawyer, they can assess your case and determine which damages you can recover. Your Fort Myers car accident lawyer will also:
- Manage communication with your insurance company
- Negotiate for fair compensation that covers all your losses
- Explain your legal options, which may include filing a personal injury lawsuit or an insurance claim
- Determine who is liable for causing your car crash
- Explain any laws that apply to your case
- Offer legal advice
- Take your case to court, if necessary
- Gather evidence that proves your need for a fair settlement
- Ensure you’re aware of the lawsuit filing deadlines that apply to your case
Your personal injury lawyer aims to make the claims process as straightforward as possible.
Benefits of Working With a Personal Injury Attorney After a Motor Vehicle Accident
You probably have a lot going on after a car accident. Though you may have only suffered minor injuries, hiring a lawyer could benefit you because:
Though hiring a lawyer isn’t mandatory after a minor car accident, it can be easier to handle your personal injury claim with one on your side.
Your Law Firm May Recover Damages for You After a Minor Car Accident
Accident victims can pursue compensation even after minor crashes. If you work with an attorney, they can investigate your case and determine whether you qualify to recover a settlement for:
- All your accident-related medical bills
- Property damage costs relating to your vehicle or any other personal items
- Physical pain and suffering caused by your injuries
- Emotional distress, such as if you now suffer from anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Lost income and reduced earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced quality of life
- The cost of anything you spend out of pocket on childcare costs, transportation arrangements, and other injury-related costs
While the value of some of these losses may be relatively straightforward, you may have a difficult time determining the value of your non-economic losses. That’s where your legal team can step in and help you.
It Costs Nothing to Hire an Accident Lawyer for Your Minor Collision Case
If you’re worried about hiring a lawyer because you’re concerned about the cost, you should know that most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. With this payment agreement, you don’t owe your car accident lawyer anything upfront or out of pocket.
Instead, your lawyer takes an agreed-upon percentage of your compensation after they win or settle your case.
Contact the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato to Learn More About Working With a Lawyer for a Minor Crash Case
You may still be entitled to financial compensation if you were involved in a minor car accident. Whether you sustained injuries, vehicle damage, or mental anguish, our Car Accident Lawyer Fort Myers legal team is here to defend your right to a fair settlement. Contact us today to begin your case with a free initial consultation. Dial (954) 633-8270. A member of our team is ready to take your call 24/7.