Car Accident Lawyer for a Minor Auto Accident
Having a car accident lawyer for a minor auto accident can make matters easier. For one thing, they can assess your losses and advocate for what you need. They can also file your claim, negotiate a settlement, and explore whether you need to file a lawsuit.
Many car accident lawyers offer free case reviews to injured claimants. During this no-obligation conversation, you can learn more about your accident’s severity and what you’re entitled to recover.
Many Serious Car Accident Cases Start Out as “Minor”
In the aftermath of your accident, you may start experiencing symptoms of an underlying condition. Your once-functional car may be out of commission. Your post-accident obligations may cause you to miss work.
After a while, these factors can start piling up, turning a once-minor car accident into a major ordeal. You don’t want to negotiate with insurers, prove liability, and calculate your losses on your own. Instead, consider entrusting your legal matters to an attorney. No matter how your case evolves, they’ll advocate for what you need.
A Car Accident Lawyer Can Contest Your Case’s Challenges
Every car accident case comes with its own set of challenges. For instance, what may initially appear as a minor car accident could involve multiple liable parties. You might think that insurance covers your losses–– but quickly find out otherwise.
When you have a Fort Myers car accident lawyer on your side, they will combat any challenges that prevent you from getting the compensation you need. Some of these challenges may include:
- The insurer blames you for the accident. Florida is a no-fault state, meaning that you can partially cause an accident and still recover damages. However, this can affect how much you can recover.
- The insurer denies your claim. The insurer can’t deny your claim without giving a valid reason. Your lawyer can evaluate this reason and employ an appropriate course of action.
- You’re not sure what your losses are worth. Your lawyer will examine the severity of your injuries, your missed time from work, and the accident’s cause to determine what you need.
- You were involved in a hit-and-run accident. Pursuing compensation can get complicated if you don’t know the other driver’s identity. Yet, this would not bar you from seeking damages from your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage.
You Can Pursue Damages Following an Auto Accident
You can recover damages based on the circumstances of the accident, such as:
- Current and future medical bills: You can include any medical bills you incurred in your case’s value. If your injuries require ongoing medical treatments, you can seek future healthcare bills.
- Lost earnings: If you were out of work while recovering from your injuries, you could include lost earnings in your claim. This consists of any past and future income you lost, such as tips, bonuses, benefits, and promotions.
- Auto repair: You can include any out-of-pocket costs for repairing or replacing your vehicle in your claim.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and Suffering accounts for the physical and emotional trauma of getting hurt. Florida does not cap how much you can seek for pain and suffering in car accident cases.
- Emotional distress: If you suffered from emotional pain or negative psychological issues because of your injuries or the accident, it is possible to recover compensation.
A personal injury lawyer in Fort Myers can assess the damages you incurred to determine the value of your case. Then, they’ll do everything possible to advocate for what you need.
How a Car Accident Attorney Can Help After a Minor Auto Accident
As noted, there are many ways a car accident attorney can help you after getting into a minor car accident, such as:
- Investigating the accident to determine who was at fault
- Explaining your legal rights and options
- Evaluating your recoverable damages
- Negotiating a settlement
- Representing you in court, if necessary
- Interviewing witnesses
- Consulting with expert witnesses (such as accident reconstruction specialists)
- Preventing any unnecessary delays
A Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer can provide the support you need while dealing with the aftermath of a car accident.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer After a Minor Auto Accident Today
Even after a minor collision, a car accident attorney in Fort Lauderdale can pursue compensation for your losses. You don’t have to navigate the post-accident aftermath alone. The Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato is here to help. We offer free case reviews and help injured claimants on a contingency-fee basis. You don’t pay retainers or hourly rates to secure our help. To begin your free case review, Call (954) 633-8270. We can explore your legal options, address your concerns, and alleviate your anxiety.