Dangerous Product Lawyer West Palm Beach
When someone is injured or killed because of a defective product, the victim or victim’s family can seek damages through a product liability claim. Dangerous products can be found anywhere, from cars to swimming pools to prescription drugs. If you were using a product for its intended purpose, based on its instructions, and were injured as a result, you should discuss your legal options with a West Palm Beach dangerous product attorney who understands the law. To schedule a consultation, contact our team of personal injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato by calling 954-633-8270.
Dangerous Products Law: Grounds for a Claim
Products can be defective for a number of reasons:
- A Design Defect – A design defect is a flaw that is present in the product from the beginning, even before it is manufactured. This means that the design of the product is inherently dangerous and that every item of that design that is produced will be defective in the same way. In many cases where a particular product’s design is defective, a simple and inexpensive solution could have saved many lives. In other cases, the defect may warrant a recall and our litigation may be the initiative that brings this life-saving result.
- Manufacturing Defects – Manufacturing defects are a result of an abnormality in the manufacturing process, resulting in some type of defect in one or more (but possibly not all) of the products manufactured. In some cases, the defect may be exclusive to one product, and in other cases, it could be present in many of the same kinds of products. Typically, manufacturing defects result from an error at the factory and/or a lack of quality control.
- Failure to Warn – Also called marketing defects, this is a type of defect case where the consumer is given an inadequate warning regarding a dangerous use of a product or a lack of proper instructions on the safe use of the product, and physical harm or death occurs. When warnings or instructions are omitted or are wrong or incomplete, a failure to warn claim may be present.
Dangerous Products Defect Attorney West Palm Beach Help in a Product Liability Claim
According to defective product law, there are several potential defendants in a product liability claim, including the manufacturer, the wholesaler, and the retail store where the product was sold. This makes product liability cases complicated and it’s also why you should seek the help of an attorney experienced in handling defective product cases.
Defective products injure consumers every day when manufacturers or retailers are negligent in the design, manufacture, and sales of consumer goods. Because defective products law varies from state to state and can be unique to the type of situation you are in, a product liability law attorney may be necessary to handle a defective product claim when you did not own the product yourself.
Typically in this type of claim, the injured victim or their household must own the product that caused injury to be able to claim negligence under defective products law. However, there are many cases where a victim can file a product liability claim when they did not own the product.
If you can prove that you were rightfully allowed to use the product and that you were using it in a reasonable manner, you may still be able to claim that the manufacturer or seller is responsible for your damages. This can often be a tricky claim to negotiate, and a West Palm Beach product liability law attorney can help you determine your rights.
Remember that to have any type of defective product claim you need to prove that:
- the defective products in question were being used in a reasonable manner;
- the defective products were used without alteration; and
- you sustained damages directly related to product use.
If you have these elements, you may still have a valid product liability claim on your hands even if you did not personally own the product.
If you are questioning whether or not you can file a claim or would like help with applying defective products law to your injury case, reach out to legal support.
A Product Liability Law Attorney Can Help with a Defective Product Claim
Defective products can cause serious injury and property damage resulting in medical bills, unexpected expenses, and the potential for long-term disability.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injury or death from dangerous or defective products, contact us immediately. We will answer all of your questions, explain your rights under and help you to seek compensation through a claim. Justice is not automatic, and we will fight for your rights. Wolf and Pravato are based in Fort Lauderdale, but an attorney from our firm is here to help all victims and their families from Miami to Ft. Myers. Call 954-633-8270.
West Palm Beach Dangerous Product Liability Attorney
The West Palm Beach dangerous product attorneys at the law offices of Wolf & Pravato P.A. are well-versed in defective product law and serve clients throughout South Florida. When a defective product causes you harm, you deserve to be compensated. Although it may seem intimidating to file a claim against a manufacturer, you can level the playing field by acquiring legal counsel.
We represent clients with devastating injuries and implement immediate investigations to determine if a product defect was involved in causing injuries or death. Because of the complexities of product liability cases, it is very important to preserve the evidence, to ensure the scene is secured and documented and that all critical testimony be taken. We can then perform our detailed analysis and examination to identify all potential aspects of the product defect case, as well as identify any liable parties. Contact an experienced West Palm Beach defective or dangerous products lawyer from The Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today – 954-633-8270.