Fort Lauderdale Hotel Accident Attorney
Fort Lauderdale is a popular spot for tourists. With the number of people coming and going, accidents happen every day, including those in hotels and resorts. If you were recently injured in such an accident, you have options for seeking financial justice.
The Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato advocates for injured claimants in South Florida. A Fort Lauderdale hotel accident attorney from our firm can hold the negligent party accountable for your medical bills and other injury-related losses. Call (954) 633-8270 to start your free case review.
The Services You Can Expect From Your Fort Lauderdale Hotel Accident Attorney
When you entrust your case to our Fort Lauderdale hotel injury lawyer we can:
Prove That Negligence Led to Your Accident and Injuries
To successfully recover compensation for your injury-related losses, your lawyer must prove negligence. This involves demonstrating that:
- Another party owed you a duty of care. Hotel owners, for example, have a duty of care. This means they must keep the premises reasonably safe for guests.
- That party violated their duty of care. Next, your lawyer must show that another party violated their duty of care. For instance, suppose a hotel employee doesn’t put up a “wet floor” sign after waxing the area in front of an elevator. This could put others at risk of slipping and falling.
- The other party caused your accident. Now, we must show that the other party’s actions caused or contributed to your injuries. For example, we could use security camera footage to show how the injured person’s accident happened.
- The injured party suffered damages. Finally, to satisfy the elements of negligence, the injured party must have suffered damages. These damages could include medical bills, lost income, and other associated losses.
We know that understanding the elements of negligence can get confusing. That’s where our Fort Lauderdale hotel accident lawyers come in. We can prove your case’s required elements and advocate for what you need.
Gather the Necessary Evidence to Support Your Case
You need evidence for your case to succeed. We can find and use the following information to support your claim or lawsuit:
- The accident report
- Photos of the accident scene
- The hotel’s inspection records
- Statements from witnesses
- Data from accident reconstruction specialists
- Your medical records
- Your accident-related invoices, receipts, and bills
Our Fort Lauderdale Hotel Accident Lawyer Makes Legal Help Accessible to Injured People
Some people may worry about being able to afford a lawyer’s services. Because of this, our contingency-fee payment structure may appeal to you. Our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers charge nothing upfront for their assistance. That’s because our team wants to make legal help available to those in need, especially if they’re in tough financial straits.
You pay nothing until your case ends, and even then, our attorney’s fees come from your negotiated settlement. You can learn more about this arrangement when you connect with our injury team. We can also answer other questions relevant to your case.
You Have Options as Someone Injured at a Fort Lauderdale Hotel
Many hotels carry insurance to pay for injured claimants’ damages if they suffer injuries while on the property. h requires our team to evaluate the hotel’s policy, investigate your accident, and negotiate a settlement. This is how our team resolves many personal injury cases.
What To Know About Filing an Insurance Claim
Like the hotel, the liable insurance company is a business. It makes money insuring properties and selling policies. It doesn’t make money by paying for injured people’s losses. So, upon filing your claim, you may find yourself dealing with uncooperative claims adjusters, tricky tactics, and bad-faith insurance strategies.
This is where your lawyer from the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato comes in. Our team will manage all dealings with the insurance company during our partnership. Your recovery period should be about focusing on your well-being––not wasting your time and energy on endless disputes.
To advance your claim, your hotel accident attorney Fort Lauderdale intends to:
- File the initial claim
- Send your demand letter
- Evaluate your compensable losses
- Read the liable party’s insurance policy
- Consult with your healthcare team regarding your injuries
- Negotiate a settlement
- Combat bad faith insurance practices
What To Know About Filing a Lawsuit
We hope that by building a compelling, comprehensive personal injury case, the insurance company will agree to settle. If it doesn’t, however, we can file an injury lawsuit in civil court. Here’s what to know about litigation:
- You have a limited amount of time to take legal action: Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) says that you generally have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Acting outside of this period could invalidate your right to damages.
- Your case could settle at any time: After filing your lawsuit, a once-uncooperative insurance company may agree to pay for your losses. There, we could drop your lawsuit and accept compensation via that avenue. If not, we can continue negotiations until your case reaches a verdict.
Lawsuits require us to prove negligence, meaning that another party acted without regard for your safety. In a hotel accident case, negligence could constitute an employee neglecting to put up a “wet floor” sign. It could also constitute not warning guests of broken elevators, hazardous swimming pools, and other dangers.
Our Fort Lauderdale Hotel Injury Lawyers Can Seek These Damages on Your Behalf
You may be able to recover economic and non-economic damages after sustaining a hotel injury. Economic damages are financial losses that we can verify with invoices, receipts, and other documents.
Non-economic damages are compensable, but they do not have inherent financial values. For example, it’s hard to put a dollar value on a concept like pain and suffering—but still, our team can do it. We want to seek everything you need to put this stressful time behind you.
The Compensation You Could Recover for a Hotel Accident Depends on Your Situation
There is no average payout for Fort Lauderdale hotel accident claims. The types of damages you can recover depend largely on the facts of your case. Compensable damages may include:
- Medical bills, including payments for hospitalization and medications
- Physical rehabilitation and mental health counseling
- Pain and Suffering
- The cost of damaged personal property, such as prescription glasses
- Emotional distress
- Loss of Consortium
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of future earning ability
- Lost income, tips, and bonuses
You may have lost a loved one in a hotel accident. In this situation, we know compensation can’t undo your grief. Still, you have the right to request that the liable party pay for your loved one’s funeral and medical costs, according to Florida Statutes § 768.21.
Our team can assess all settlement offers and determine if one accounts for your past, present, and future losses. We give your case the time and attention it deserves, aiming for a fair outcome.
What’s the First Thing You Should Do After a Hotel Accident?
You should seek medical attention immediately after a hotel accident. This may include going to the emergency room yourself or waiting until first responders arrive. By visiting a healthcare professional, you take the first step toward getting the treatment you need. You also create a record that you suffered an accident, required treatment, and now have medical bills.
Additional post-accident considerations include:
- Filing an accident report. This may include filing a report with the hotel or with law enforcement. You want to create a record of the accident as soon as possible.
- Completing your treatment plan. Seeking medical attention is one matter. Completing your treatment is an entirely different one. By completing treatment, you show the liable insurer that you’re committed to making a full recovery. It also attests to the severity of your condition.
- Documenting your injuries. Take photos of your external injuries throughout your recovery period. Keep all medical documents related to your condition, too. These items may include x-rays, lab test results, and more.
- Letting your lawyer manage all insurance-related matters. Our lawyers have decades of experience dealing with insurance companies, both big and small. We can give the insurance company all the information it requires. We can also protect you from any strategies that aim to discredit your case.
Our hotel accident attorney Fort Lauderdale can explain more about your post-accident steps throughout our partnership.
Call Fort Lauderdale Hotel Accident Attorneys Today for Help With Your Hotel Injury Case
Time is a critical factor in your fight for compensation. By promptly connecting with our attorneys team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato, we can collect time-sensitive evidence, interview witnesses, and preserve your rights. To begin your free case review, Call (954) 633-8270.
FAQs About Fort Lauderdale Hotel Accident Cases
While weighing your legal options, you likely have many questions about moving forward. You could also have questions about hotel accident cases in general. Below, we’ve compiled some of the most frequently asked questions about hotel accident cases:
Why Would You Want a Hotel Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale?
The legal process may not always be straightforward. A lawyer can manage these issues that threaten your right to fair compensation:
- The insurance company offers less than you’re owed
- The hotel’s management refuses to cooperate
- You don’t have enough supporting evidence
- The other party tries bullying or pressuring you
We aim to make the financial recovery process as easy as possible. You should not need to handle any tasks associated with your claim or lawsuit if you are dealing with injuries.
What Is the Average Payout for Hotel Accident Settlements?
There is no average payout for hotel accident settlements. How much you can recover depends on the facts of your case. Our team will assess the following elements when calculating your compensable losses:
- Your out-of-pocket expenses
- The medical treatment you required
- Your missed time from work
- Your daily function
- Your quality of life
- The injuries you suffered
- The liable party’s policy limits and terms
We’ve recovered millions for people in situations similar to yours. We’re ready to listen to your story and start advocating for you now.
What Types of Accidents Can Happen at Hotels?
Some hotel accidents include:
- Swimming pool accidents. Hotels must post signage if there isn’t a lifeguard on duty. They must also have adequate fencing around pools that prevents small children from falling in.
- Slips, trips, and falls. These incidents can happen because of torn carpeting, loose flooring, and poor lighting. Falls can result in broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and other serious conditions.
- Elevator accidents. A hotel’s elevators must periodically pass inspection. If an elevator plummets down the shaft or otherwise injures someone, the hotel’s owner or manager could be liable.
Don’t worry if you don’t see the accident you suffered listed above. Our team wants to learn your story and seek damages from the responsible party. You can reach out to us to discuss any type of hotel accident case.
What Is the Most Common Reason for Hotel Accidents?
Many hotel accidents are the result of negligence. When someone doesn’t exercise reasonable caution, their actions could hurt someone else.
For example, a business owner has a hotel with a rooftop swimming pool near Las Olas, but the pool does not have warning signs, posted rules, or a lifeguard on duty. This would constitute negligence because, without these safeguards in place, people could get hurt. If someone suffers injuries, they could allege that because the property owner didn’t post warning signs, they got hurt.
Our Fort Lauderdale hotel accident attorneys will aim to determine the cause of your hotel accident. Our findings allow us to determine fault and liability for your losses. It also gives insight into what information could support your claim.
What Are the Most Common Hotel Accident Injuries?
Examples of hotel accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Sprains, strains, and other soft-tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma
- Organ damage
No matter what injury you suffered, we want to represent you. Our Fort Lauderdale hotel accident lawyer is ready to advocate for your financial recovery.