When someone is injured or killed because of a defective product, damages can be sought through a product liability claim. Defective products can be found anywhere, from cars to swimming pools. If you were using a product as it is intended to be used, based on its instructions, and were injured as a result, you should discuss your legal options with a Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer who understands defective products law.
Defective Products Law: Grounds for a Claim
Products can be defective for a number of reasons:
- A design defect – in many cases where a particular product’s design is defective, a simple and inexpensive solution could have saved many lives. In other cases, the defect may warrant a recall and our litigation may be the initiative that brings this life-saving result.
- Manufacturing defects – in some cases the defect may be exclusive to one product , and in other cases it could be present in many of the same kinds of products. Typically, manufacturing defects result from an error at the factory and/or a lack of quality control.
- Failure to warn – this is a type of defect case where the consumer is given inadequate warning regarding a dangerous use of a product or a lack of proper instructions on the safe use of the product, and physical harm or death occurs. When warnings or instructions are omitted or are wrong or incomplete, a failure to warn claim may be present.
According to defective product law, there are several potential defendants in a product liability claim, including the manufacturer, the wholesaler and the retail store where the product was sold. This makes product liability cases complicated and it’s also why you should seek the help of an dangerous product lawyers experienced in handling defective product cases.
Getting Help From a Personal Injury Lawyer
Our personal injury lawyers in Florida represent clients with devastating injuries and implement immediate investigations to determine if a product defect was involved in causing injuries or death. Because of the complexities of product liability cases, it is very important to preserve the evidence, to ensure the scene is secured and documented and that all critical testimony be taken.
Once these steps are taken, we can then perform our detailed analysis and examination to identify all potential aspects of the product defect case.
Contact us by email or call today so we can get started on your case. 954-633-8270.
We also provide Defective Drug Lawyer for legal help in other cities:
- Defective Drug Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale
- Defective Drug Lawyer in Fort Myers
- Defective Drug Lawyer in Miami
- Defective Drug Lawyer in West Palm Beach
- Defective Drug Lawyer in Boynton Beach