Documenting Evidence Following a Car Accident to Assist Your Attorney
Tips for documenting evidence after a car accident to aid your attorney include keeping all medical records and writing down your injury symptoms. However, you don’t have to do the heavy lifting, like requesting traffic camera footage, by yourself. A car accident attorney can secure all relevant evidence so that you don’t have to.
When you hire a lawyer, you no longer have to worry about gathering evidence (or handling any other case-related responsibility). You can let your attorney lead the way while you rest and recover.
Your Attorney Will Maintain a Car Accident Evidence Checklist
Each car accident produces different types of evidence. In order to ensure your attorney obtains all evidence that could help your case, your lawyer will use a checklist during the investigation. This checklist will likely include:
- Eyewitness accounts: Witness statements can be among the most important evidence in a case, as they are unbiased, firsthand accounts of how a car accident happened.
- Photographs of car accident evidence: Your attorney will photograph vehicle damage, the accident scene, and any other scenes that are relevant to your case. Pictures are worth a thousand words, including in car accident cases.
- Video footage: Your lawyer will scour footage from security cameras, traffic cameras, dash cameras, and any other cameras that captured your accident. Footage that is relevant to your accident but does not show the accident itself can also be useful. For instance, video footage of a motorist drinking heavily the night of an accident may be useful in a car accident case.
- A police report: Your fort lauderdale car accident lawyer will obtain a copy of the police report detailing your car accident.
- An expert’s testimony: Experts can testify that a specific party is at fault for a car accident. This testimony may carry weight because of the individual’s expert status.
- A reconstruction of the accident: Our team may hire an expert to reconstruct your accident. A reconstruction can be especially helpful if there is no available footage of the collision.
The evidence checklist may be even more extensive than this, as each attorney has their own process. When you hire our team to handle your car accident case, we secure all available evidence that benefits your personal injury claim.
Documenting Car Accident Injuries Is a Personal Injury Lawyer’s Job
Our Miami car accident lawyers regularly document car accidents on our clients’ behalf. This experience provides solid footing for us to document your accident. We follow a step-by-step process for gathering strong evidence for your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Gathering evidence is just the start of how our firm can help you after a car accident. We will build an accident claim on your behalf and demand the compensation you deserve from liable parties.
A Car Accident Lawyer Can Fight for Fair Compensation
Our team will build a detailed case on your behalf, documenting your accident-related damages and demanding that liable parties pay you fairly. Depending on the nature of your injuries, symptoms, and property expenses, your recoverable damages may include:
- Repairs for your vehicle or other property damage
- Replacement of personal property beyond repair (which could include your vehicle)
- Pain and suffering (and any medications, counseling, or other treatment you need for the pain and suffering)
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Medical bills
- All expenses and non-economic damages related to a disability
Each of our clients faces different damages, and we document the nature and cost of those damages. We will do the same for you.
Recoverable Damages in Your Car Accident Case
We also employ wrongful death lawyers who will represent you following a loved one’s unexpected passing. Recoverable damages in fatal car accident cases may include:
- Funeral expenses
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Survivors’ pain and suffering
- Loss of the decedent’s non-economic value (like spousal companionship and parental guidance)
- Loss of the decedent’s income and contributions to their household
The cost of losing a loved one has both financial and non-financial components. Our attorneys are certain to capture the entire cost of a car accident, and to demand a fair settlement or verdict for our clients. We can also handle the communications with the insurance company.
Let Our Team Handle Every Detail of Your Car Accident Case
Focus on your health. Be with your loved ones. Let a car accident attorney from our team fight for your financial recovery by:
- Managing communications with insurance adjusters
- Obtaining all evidence that is relevant to your case
- Documenting your damages
- Calculating the value of your damages
- Negotiating a settlement
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
We will make your case our responsibility.
Call the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato Today for Your Free Consultation
The entire team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato will fight for you. We will partner you with a boynton beach car accident lawyer whose priority is your financial recovery. Do not delay in starting your case since Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(a) only generally gives you two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Call the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 for your free consultation.