Nerve damage may be an overlooked injury if you have been in an accident, although it may be just as serious as other injuries you might experience. The following are somepossible symptoms you may experience if you have suffered nerve damage:
- lightheadedness or dizziness;
- unexplained weakness;
- involuntary muscle twitching;
- feelings of numbness or tingling;
- complete paralysis of a body part;
- extreme sensitivity to touch and temperature; and
- burning or stinging sensation.
If you experience one or more of these symptoms after an accident, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you feel fine following an accident, visit your doctor shortly after for a check-up. Nerve damage may take a few days to present symptoms in some cases , so monitor your body and do not hesitate to return to the doctor if needed.