Keep a Good Patient-Doctor Relationship after an Accident
If you were injured in a car accident, you are probably dealing with insurance companies, car repair shops, lawyers, and doctors. It can be hard to keep up with all the demands that accompany filing a personal injury claim, but keeping a good relationship with all of these involved parties can make for a much better outcome for you in the end.
A person you will likely encounter after being hurt in a car accident is a doctor. Your injuries will require immediate attention, but some could require more extensive treatment and follow-up care that could last for some time. It’s important to remember that your doctor or healthcare professional can be a key person in helping win your case. Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing a doctor and visiting your physician after an accident. Contact our Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato.
- Tell your doctor about any and all pain or other physical problems you experience during or after the accident;
- Be as specific as you can about the injuries, noting where they are, what the pain feels like, when you feel pain, what you are doing when the pain starts and what limitations the pain causes you;
- Tell your doctor about all injuries, no matter how small or painful they are;
- Keep your doctors’ appointments and reschedule them if you cannot make attend;
- Follow your doctor’s orders and ask questions about anything you do not understand;
- Take the medication your doctor prescribes you as directed; and
- Do not be afraid to seek a second opinion or switch doctors if you feel that your current healthcare professional is not treating you appropriately or is not taking your complaints sincerely.
If you are hurt because of car accident injuries and you plan to file a personal injury claim, you need to make sure that you have a doctor-patient relationship that is in the best interest of your case and your health. You can take charge of your case by keeping an open line of communication with your healthcare professional and by following his or her recommendations.
Contact us at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato
If you aren’t sure what doctor to see, ask your lawyer. An experienced Florida personal injury lawyer can give you a recommendation about the best type of doctor to see for your type of injury and what to do if you don’t have health insurance at the time of your accident. By following these easy tips, you can help ensure proper injury treatment and that your personal injury case is protected.