We take precautions to protect our homes , cars and other personal belongings and spaces. Why should a hotel be any different?
If you’re whisking away your sweetie for a Valentine’s Day getaway, make sure you keep these hotel safety tips in mind:
- Research the neighborhood where your hotel is located. It can be hard to tell what type of area you will be in just from looking at a map. Reading Yelp! reviews or the local paper may offer some information on the neighborhoods.
- Choose a hotel that is staffed 24 hours a day.
- Pay attention to the signs in the lobby and your room about fire escapes and procedures.
- Lock your door and never let a stranger into your room if you are alone.
- Use the hotel safe to protect your valuable or expensive items.
- If you have a car, park in well-lit areas as close to your room as possible.
Trust your instincts, stay safe, and happy traveling!