Florida Hurricane Insurance Claims Lawyer
Hurricanes and major windstorms can destroy homes and devastate communities within hours, leaving people without water or power and closing down businesses. Going through a hurricane is a traumatic experience, and losing your home or business can make you feel lost, angry, and hopeless. But the problems don’t stop there.
After a hurricane, many homeowners look at their insurance policies for the first time and find out their insurance policies won’t cover all the losses they sustained. Most homeowners don’t have flood insurance, usually because they were never required to buy. You’re required to buy flood insurance if you live in a flood zone on FEMA’s flood map, but hurricanes often damage areas that aren’t designated as flood zones. And due to the anti-concurrent causation clause, your homeowners insurance won’t even pay for wind damage if it occurred along with an event that’s excluded in the policy, such as flooding.
Committed to Holding Insurers Accountable For Hurricane Damage Claims
After a hurricane, insurance companies are overwhelmed with insurance claims. They might delay, deny, or undervalue your claim, offering you “lowball” repair estimates and settlement offers. If your insurance company has wrongfully denied or undervalued your storm damage claim, the personal injury attorneys of Wolf & Pravato will fight for your rights to ensure you get the full and fair compensation you deserve.
We represent clients in hurricane insurance disputes involving:
- Denied claims
- Underpayment of claims
- Bad faith dealing
- Unreasonably delayed payment of claims
- Structural and foundation repair claims
- Roof damage
- Water damage and toxic mold claims
- Hurricane insurance disputes
What to do after a hurricane if your property has been damaged:
If your home or business was damaged, you should take the following steps to ensure your claim is handled promptly:
- Take photos and video as proof of the hurricane damage
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible
- Keep a list of your contacts with insurance representatives
- Create a list of all your personal property and furnishings
- Make basic repairs to prevent further damage
- Save all paperwork and receipts of expenses and expenditures related to hurricane damage
Call Today for a Free Consultation About Your Hurricane Damage Claim
If you don’t have adequate property insurance, the skilled personal injury lawyers of Wolf & Pravato can represent you in further efforts to fight your denied or unvalued claim. For years, we have worked with homeowners throughout the process of mediation, settlement negotiations, and other litigation matters.
Wolf & Pravato will aggressively represent your interests so you can secure the compensation you deserve. Contact our personal injury lawyer Florida today for a free consultation so we can help you with your insurance claim dispute. We will ensure that your insurance company is held accountable in your hurricane damage claim, and we are committed to providing the best results possible.
Our Law firm is located at different locations for Hurricane insurance claims legal help:
- Hurricane insurance claims Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale
- Hurricane insurance claims Lawyer in Fort Myers
- Hurricane insurance claims Lawyer in Miami
- Hurricane insurance claims Lawyer in West Palm Beach
- Hurricane insurance claims Lawyer in Boynton Beach
We help the victims of other practice areas:
Read the latest legal blog on Hurricane accident in Florida