Need a Personal Injury Lawyer for Accident
We strongly recommend that you seek legal counsel from a personal injury lawyer after an accident. Florida’s “no-fault” insurance laws are complex. You do not want to jeopardize potential compensation for damages if you qualify. You also should not have to deal with insurance companies while you are recuperating from the accident.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Helps You
Under Florida law, the first $10,000 in medical bills and other expenses is covered by your personal auto insurance policy. If you are severely injured or lost a family member in the accident, you may qualify for additional compensation. This can be challenging if there are multiple parties who may be liable.
A personal injury lawyer will help you get the compensation you deserve:
- Complete a thorough evaluation of your injuries and expenses.
- Compile a correct valuation of your damages.
- Negotiate with the defendant’s insurance adjuster or lawyer.
- Examine the evidence, including witness statements, police reports, and other essential information that shows liability.
- Take your case to court if necessary.
Insurance Companies Can Make Life Difficult for You
In our experience, many insurance companies try to deny or delay legitimate claims, even if you are the policyholder. This adds to your stress after a car accident, and this why we suggest that you let a personal injury lawyer deal with the insurance adjuster.
Some of the tactics that an insurance company might use include:
- Share your statement with the other driver’s insurance carrier, which could jeopardize your claim if you seek additional compensation.
- Become aggressive or ask leading questions to get you to say something rash that might work against you.
- Persuade you to sign a medical release to deny your claim if you have a pre-existing condition.
- Look for inconsistencies in your statement that could be from taking pain medication or simply feeling unwell.
We Help You Get Compensation While You Recuperate
A Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer from our firm is familiar with how insurance companies work. We are on your side and will aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve.
The safest way to preserve and protect your legal rights after an accident is to consult with a Florida personal injury lawyer. The Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato are ready to help you with your claim and pursue recovery on your behalf. You deserve to have a trusted, legal advocate on your side so you can rest and feel better. Please call (954) 633-8270 for a free consultation.