If your child has passed away or been severely injured in a pool accident, the legal system allows you to hold responsible parties liable for negligence that occurred and led to the accident.
Although a financial settlement will not truly compensate you for a loss of life or for a long-term disability, you are able to make sure those responsible will not be allowed to put another child in harm’s way.
Count on a trusted West Palm Beach swimming pool accident attorney to help you formulate your case. The Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato will treat you honestly and fairly. Our caring and attentive staff treats our clients like family. Call us today at (954) 633-8270 for a free consultation.
Proving a Negligent Situation
When a child or adult is injured or passes away from a swimming pool accident, you need a dedicated advocate on your side. A West Palm Beach swimming pool accident lawyer will assist you through the entire process.
Proving negligence will strengthen your position in this case. If someone else was at fault in the swimming pool accident, it doesn’t necessarily mean that person was at the pool when the accident occurred. Negligence can be demonstrated for a variety of actions or inactions taken at the pool.
- A pool owner who did not properly maintain the pool area
- A pool installer who did not properly set up the safety fence
- A pool cover manufacturer who did not use the proper materials
- A lifeguard trainer who did not deliver the proper training in lifesaving situations
- A daycare worker or other caregiver who did not supervise the children properly
These are not the only examples of the type of negligence that may have occurred in any particular swimming pool accident.
Count on the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato to find the party or parties who contributed to the negligence in this accident. Call us at (954) 633-8270 today to set up a free meeting. We want to determine exactly what happened in your case. We take all the time required to ensure our clients understand the legal situation every step along the way.
Potential Injuries Around a Swimming Pool in West Palm Beach
If you or a loved one was involved in a swimming pool accident in Florida, a West Palm Beach swimming pool accident attorney will help you determine whether you are eligible to pursue recovery for your injuries.
Long Term Injuries
During a drowning situation, even when the victim survives, long term damage to the body can occur. As internal organs and the brain are deprived of oxygen, they can be damaged severely.
Some injuries can lead to permanent disabilities. Other injuries from a swimming pool accident can heal, but they require extensive medical care and rehabilitation.
A West Palm Beach swimming pool accident lawyer can help you seek damages for immediate and future medical care and losses. Some injuries that may occur in an accident around a pool include:
- Brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Neck injuries
- Lung damage
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
- Exposure to dangerous chemicals used to treat the pool water
These are not the only injuries a person could suffer in a pool accident while swimming.
Possibilities for Compensation
The Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato understand how to demonstrate the facts in your case. Our West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer know how to protect your right to seek compensation after a swimming pool accident.
Some items for which you may receive damages in this case include:
- Medical care now and in the future
- Care for long term disabilities
- Specialized equipment to deal with your injuries
- Lost wages
- A reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- PTSD or other mental conditions
You may be entitled to receive damages for other items as well.
Accidental Swimming Injuries
Even if no one meant to cause the swimming pool accident that injured or killed your loved one, that party still may be held liable. The best way to avoid accidents around the swimming pool is to follow safety guidelines.
Some potential safety issues that could happen around a pool because of negligence include:
- Safety fences with holes or that are too short
- Safety fence gates that do not latch properly
- A pool cover that is not properly installed
- A pool cover that does not cover the entire water surface
- Items improperly stored, such as dangerous chemicals
- Improper use of chemicals used to treat the water
- Broken equipment at the pool, such as an escape ladder or diving board
- A malfunctioning filter system, leaving contaminants in the water
- Broken cement or tiles around the pool, leading someone to trip
Other safety issues may have occurred in your case as well. A trusted West Palm Beach swimming pool accident attorney has the ability to demonstrate which situations led to the accident, strengthening your case.
Call the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato Today to Handle Your Case
Unfortunately, accidents around a swimming pool happen far too often. In 2013, Florida had 7.54 drowning deaths for children ages 1-4 per 100,000, which was the highest drowning rate for children for any state.
Hire a West Palm Beach swimming pool accident lawyer Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato to take your case. We work on a contingency fee basis. This means we will not be paid until we reach a settlement on your behalf.
Count on us to negotiate a fair settlement or win a favorable judgment for you. Call us today at (954) 633-8270 for a free consultation.
We also help the victims of other practice areas:
- Pedestrian accident in West Palm Beach
- Premises accident in West Palm Beach
- Wrongful death in West Palm Beach