Morning Sickness? Try Natural Alternatives to Zofran
Morning sickness, while you’re pregnant, is no picnic. As many as 90% of all women experience some degree of nausea or vomiting during their pregnancy. In most cases, the symptoms are most severe during the first trimester.
The cause of severe morning sickness is unknown but research points to a relationship between morning sickness and high levels of HCG, which is at its highest during pregnancy. While no woman wants to vomit every morning, taking drugs should be done with caution. Taking certain drugs during the first trimester to treat morning sickness has been proven to be dangerous to the development of the fetus.
The Alternative to Zofran for Nausea
The anti-nausea drug, Zofran alternatives, may increase the risk of babies born with serious birth defects and has been associated with risks, such as:
- Cleft palate or cleft lip
- Heart defects – specifically septal heart defects (holes in the heart) like atrial septal defect (ASD) and ventricular septal defect (VSD)
- Club foot
- Skull deformities
Zofran alternatives symptoms
What can you do if you are suffering from nausea and vomiting during your pregnancy and don’t want to take prescription drugs? There are some things you can do to help alleviate and reduce morning sickness Zofran alternatives symptoms, such as:
- Eat smaller meals and eat them often instead of three big meals a day. This doesn’t allow the stomach acid to build up too long in your system.
- Drink fluids throughout the day. Also, drink fluids about a half-hour before or after you eat a meal, but not during.
- Eat crackers about 15 minutes before you get up in the morning.
- Drink lemonade or eat watermelon. Both have been known to help relieve nausea.
- Don’t lie down right after eating. Instead, go for a short walk.
- Avoid spicy and fatty foods.
- Eat high-protein snacks.
- Avoid smells and sights that act as triggers.
If nausea and vomiting continue, don’t let this condition go untreated. You might have developed Hyperemesis Gravidarum, which is a condition characterized by severe nausea, vomiting, and weight loss. This condition can create problems in your pregnancy and can make it so you aren’t gaining the weight you need for a healthy pregnancy. If your doctor prescribes Zofran alternatives or any other prescribed medication for your morning sickness, make sure you understand the risks associated with the drugs. Many women took the drug without being told about the serious side effects.
If you or someone you know suspects a link between taking Zofran during pregnancy and a birth defect in their baby, Wolf & Pravato is now accepting Zofran case referrals. Revision surgeries and medical expenses associated with birth defects can be enormous and create financial burdens for families.
Contact the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato For Legal Help:
We also provide our services in other cities: