Motorcycle Accidents Caused by Aggressive Driving: When to Consult a Lawyer
If you were injured in a recent collision between your motorcycle and a passenger car, the motorist could bear financial liability for your resulting injuries and losses. A law firm in your area can demand compensation for you after an aggressive driving motorcycle accident, explain its causes, and clarify when to consult a lawyer. Many will review your case at no cost or obligation. After learning about your accident, one of the attorneys can determine its value and negotiate with the at-fault driver and/or their insurer or represent you in court.
What Constitutes Aggressive Driving?
Being on the road with an aggressive driver can be stressful and intimidating and lead to a dangerous collision. It can be even more challenging when the aggressive driver causes an accident while you are riding your motorcycle and exposed to the impact of the collision.A motorcycle accident lawyer can review your police report, request an accident reconstruction analysis, and prove the at-fault driver was driving aggressively. Common causes of aggressive driving can include:
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Rolling through red lights
- Disregarding stop signs
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Erratic lane changes
Tailgating, persistent horn blowing, riding on the shoulder of a freeway, cutting off other drivers, and other acts of recklessness also contribute to accidents. These actions can lead to aggressive driving accidents with motorcycles and result in catastrophic injuries, property damage or destruction, pain and suffering, and more.
Aggressive Driving Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), as many as 40% of all drivers say they have sometimes disregarded the rules of the road. Additional data indicates that of surveyed drivers:
- 11% admit to driving through a yellow light as it turned red
- 10% admit to cutting off another driver (2% admit to doing so often)
- 34% admit to feeling fearful when another driver acts erratically
Many of the actions that constitute aggressive driving are the result of frustration and road rage. When a driver behaves this way, they put everyone else on the road at an unreasonable risk of serious or fatal injuries.
The Best Time to Consult a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Like all personal injury cases, your case will have a state-mandated filing deadline called the statute of limitations. It defines how much time you have to file your lawsuit if you and your lawyer cannot reach a settlement agreement with the insurance company.That makes the best time to consult a lawyer sooner rather than later. In fact, it can never be too soon to do so. When you have a local law firm on your side, they can:
- Meet the state’s filing deadline
- Investigate your motorcycle accident
- Obtain a copy of the accident report
- Review your medical records
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Consult relevant experts
- Negotiate a settlement that covers your losses
Your lawyer will provide regular and informative updates on your case so you are not left in the dark. You can also rely on them to take your case to court for resolution if needed.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Proves Your Right to Compensation
In most cases, compensation after a motorcycle collision will come from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Before they extend any compensation at all, they will require you to show proof of their policyholder’s negligence.
This is typically accomplished with a robust evidence collection that clearly indicates fault. Your case file may contain:
- The accident report, which contains key contact details and police-generated notes and diagrams
- Medical records and bills that document the extent of your injuries and their immediate and ongoing costs
- Proof of income for all income sources, including employment, gig-economy income, and business losses
- Photos of your injuries, the accident scene, both vehicles from various angles, and video from any security or surveillance video
- Statements from lay witnesses and written and verbal testimonials from expert witnesses
A motorcycle accident can leave you with injuries ranging from severe to life-threatening. Focus on getting better. Your lawyer will focus on building the strongest possible case for you, including handling the time-consuming task of evidence collection.
Call Our No-Cost Consultation Team After a Motorcycle Accident
If you or someone you love was injured in a recent fort lauderduale motorcycle accident attorney , our team at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato will pursue recovery from the other party. Our Florida motorcycle accident lawyer can investigate your accident, prove aggressive driving was its cause, and explain how we build a strategy for recovering compensation.
Get started by contacting one of our consultation team members today. Our team takes motorcycle accident cases on contingency, so we only get paid if we settle or win compensation for you.Call (954) 633-8270 to start a free case review.