How Much Can a Car Accident Suit Cost?
No one can determine the monetary value of your car accident damages without a thorough investigation into your case. Ultimately, its value will depend on factors unique to your situation, including the severity of your injuries and whether you lost a loved one.
In the aftermath of a serious accident, it can also be difficult to assess damages on your own. When a fort lauderdale car accident lawyer from our team represents you, they start by listening to your version of events. Then, they will gather evidence supporting the amount they’re requesting from the insurer or another liable party.
You Can Sue for Car Accident Compensation
Miami Car accident lawyer settlement amounts vary widely from one injured party to another. Even two people injured in the same accident can have varying potential settlement amounts.
When you sue someone for a car accident, you can pursue economic damages, which are losses with financial values. Types of damages include:
- Medical bills for emergency room visits, hospitalization, and follow-up care
- Ambulance fees and medical treatment-related travel
- Physical and occupational therapy and rehab
- Lost wages and loss of your future ability to earn income
- Prescription medications and assistive medical devices
- Property damage or replacement costs
- Punitive damages (if applicable)
Economic damages are usually supported by various documents that your lawyer will collect for you. While they calculate your damages’ value, you can focus your time and energy on your physical recovery or on helping an injured loved one recover.
You Can Sue for Non-Economic Damages After a Car Accident
You can also sue for a variety of non-economic or intangible damages. Their monetary values depend on subjective aspects of your situation, including your injury’s effect on your quality of life.
Our personal injury attorneys will collect your medical records and future prognosis to prove the value of your:
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
- Lasting physical disabilities and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life due to your injuries
- Mental anguish
Your lawyer may also request a written statement from you detailing the toll of the accident on your life. They can use your personal testimony to support the damages they request from the negligent party.
You Can Sue for Wrongful Death Damages After a Fatal Car Accident
The sudden loss of a loved one can wreak emotional and financial havoc on surviving families. If your family lost a loved one in a recent car accident, you could recover the cost of various economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Funeral, burial, cremation, and other expenses related to making final arrangements
- The loss of your loved one’s income and their domestic service and support
- Loss of consortium, society, affection, guidance, and companionship
Your lawyer will compile evidence, including your loved one’s death certificate and other documents, to calculate your damages. While they do, you can focus on taking care of your family and celebrating your loved one’s life.
Your Car Accident Lawyer Can Sue Someone Within the Prescribed Deadline
You can sue someone for a west palm beach car accident lawyer , but you must file your case within the statute of limitations. If the filing deadline in your case expires:
- The court will not allow you to file your lawsuit.
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without being heard.
The at-fault party’s legal and insurance representatives will be aware of the filing deadline. If you do not meet it, they could refuse any further negotiations. This outcome will leave you with no legal recourse that compels the at-fault party to compensate you. A personal injury lawyer from our firm will accurately interpret the statute of limitations.
Additional Benefits of Hiring an Attorney to Sue Someone After a Car Accident
Filing a car accident lawsuit is a complex matter to handle on your own, especially if you’re dealing with severe injuries. If our personal injury attorneys represent you, they will:
- Explain relevant personal injury and insurance laws
- Build a comprehensive evidence file
- File a legal claim after a car accident
- Communicate with the auto insurance companies
- Update you as your case develops and progresses
- Answer your legal and insurance questions
Your lawyer can also help you avoid a trial by negotiating a fair settlement. They will review each settlement offer you receive, explain its benefits and merits, and make recommendations accordingly.
Get Help Filing Your Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Car Accident
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, our experienced attorneys will file a personal injury claim or lawsuit on your behalf. We also represent families who lost loved ones in fatal car accidents. Leave the details and hard work to our personal injury lawyers.
Contact our law firm to learn more about how much you can sue for after an auto accident and how hard the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato will work for you. Call (954) 633-8270 to start building your case today.