If you or a family member went through a surgical procedure and wound up with an injury, you may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. An attorney can help you assign liability that holds the right people responsible for the suffering you are enduring because of your current medical condition.
A Fort Myers surgical injury lawyer can help you file a claim against the surgeon and other health care workers who caused or contributed to your injuries. Call the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato at (954) 633-8270 to speak to a lawyer near you today.
Common Causes of Surgical Injuries
Discovering that you are the victim of a surgical injury can be devastating. If you or a loved one were the victim of a surgical injury, you naturally want to know how your injury occurred and how it affects your prognosis. Some common causes of surgical injuries include:
- Unacceptable medical and surgical care
- Lack of appropriate safety guidelines
- Surgeon fatigue and exhaustion
- Drug and alcohol abuse among surgeons
Uncovering the factors that contributed to your surgical injury can help you get started on the road to mental and physical healing. The same explanatory information can help a Fort Myers surgical injury lawyer build a comprehensive case against the person or persons who caused your injuries. Contact the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato at (954) 633-8270 to speak to our Fort Myers personal injury attorney near you.
Common Types of Surgical Injuries
Knowing what caused your current condition can help you form the basis for a successful lawsuit. Understanding the types of surgical injury that you endured will help you find the qualified medical help you need, discover your best prognosis, and create a positive treatment plan. Some commonly seen types of surgical injuries include:
- Surgeries performed on the wrong surgical site
- Injuries due to needles, scalpels, and syringes
- Surgical tools and sponges left inside a patient’s body
- Nerves damaged during surgery
- Anesthesia and other medication-related errors
- Surgery performed on the wrong patient
If you or a family member were the victim of a surgical injury, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit against the person who is responsible for your injuries. If you need help filing a lawsuit against the surgeon, medical staff, or institution who contributed to your surgical injuries and your current medical condition, you need the help of a Fort Myers surgical injury attorney.
Four Principals of a Surgical Injury Case
According to a study from John Hopkins Medicine, medical errors are now ranked as the third leading cause of death in the United States. If a surgical error caused harm to you or death to a family member, you may have the basis of a lawsuit against the person who is responsible for your surgical injuries. To prove your medical malpractice case, you need to prove that:
- The surgeon and other medical professionals involved in your case owed you a particular standard of care
- They did not provide you with the standard of care to which you were entitled
- The surgical injury you suffered was the result of a failure to meet that standard of care
- You suffered damage that might include financial, mental, and emotional harm
If you need help assigning liability to the right person, persons, or entity, you need the help and guidance of a Fort Myers surgical injury lawyer. Speak to a lawyer near you today by calling the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato at (954) 633-8270.
Schedule a Case Review With Our Surgical Injury Lawyers In Fort Myers
Holding the right people accountable for the actions that led to your injury is an important legal and financial move. It is also important to file your case in a timely fashion because your case must meet Florida’s statute of limitations:
- In general, you have two years from the time of your injury to file a case against the responsible party
- You must file your lawsuit prior to the four-year mark
- In cases where a minor is a person who suffered the injury, the time may be extended
- In cases of medical fraud, the timeline might be extended under certain circumstances
When you are the victim of a surgical injury, you need a lawyer who can ensure your case meets all applicable guidelines and is filed in a timely fashion. Speak to a Fort Myers surgical injury lawyer who can help you understand how the Florida statute of limitations applies to your case.
Hold the Right People Responsible for Their Role in Your Surgical Injuries
Your recovery after surgery can be significantly increased when it is complicated by a surgical injury. If you are experiencing longer than expected recovery times because of a surgical injury, a Fort Myers surgical injury lawyer may be able to help you take appropriate legal action.
Contact Our Fort Myers Surgical Errors Attorneys
Call the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato at (954) 633-8270 to schedule a case review and consultation with a lawyer near you today. Do not hesitate to get the legal and financial relief you deserve.
We also help the victims of other practice areas: