Truck Accident Responsibility
Who gets the witness statement after a truck accident depends on who the witness spoke to. For instance, if a bystander gave a statement to the police, then law enforcement has their statement. If a witness spoke with an attorney investigating the case, then the attorney has that statement on record.
If you’re considering legal action, you may want a witness’s statement to corroborate your story. A truck accident lawyer Florida can locate who has the statement and use it to build your case.
Why Witness Statements After a Truck Accident are Important
Witness statements are important after truck accidents for several reasons, including:
A Witness Statement Can Help Corroborate Your Version of Events
If another party was responsible for the accident, a witness could help corroborate your story. Witness statements can be critical in a truck accident case. They can reveal:
- Who was involved
- What factors caused the collision
- The time and date of the incident
- Who came to the accident scene
- What happened before, during, and after the collision
- Whether anyone left the accident scene
Each of these details can prove vital when asserting fault and liability for your losses.
Witness Statements Promote Settlements
Some insurance companies will do everything possible to dispute claims. The liable insurer in your case may argue that you don’t have enough supporting evidence to avoid liability. Witness statements can sway the insurance company into settling by creating a clear picture of what happened.
You Can Use Witness Statements in a Trial
If your truck accident case goes to trial, witness statements could give the jury enough proof to award compensation.
Witnesses Aren’t Only Bystanders
In a perfect situation, you could give detailed witness statements from people who saw your truck accident happen. However, your injuries may have prevented you from doing this––and that’s okay; witnesses aren’t limited to bystanders. They also include:
- Accident reconstruction specialists. These professionals rely on math, physics, and forensic evidence to reconstruct accidents. Their research can reveal what caused an accident and who is responsible.
- Healthcare providers. To recoup compensation, you must assert that you suffered serious harm in the collision. Your healthcare team can attest to your injuries’ severity and the treatment you needed.
- First responders. First responders can give detailed information about what care you required at the accident scene.
- Economists. An economist can review your injury-related damages and determine their impact on your financial resources. They can account for factors such as inflation, loss of earning capacity, projected care costs, and disability.
In your accident’s aftermath, your friends, family members, and co-workers are also witnesses. For instance, your employer can testify whether your injuries prevented you from doing your job. Your loved ones can attest to the post-accident care you required.
A Truck Accident Lawyer Can Gather Witness Statements for You
After a truck accident, you don’t have time to build a legal case. You can partner with a truck accident lawyer Fort Lauderdale who can handle the claims process for you. They can:
- Interview witnesses and get their statements
- Investigate your case
- File your claim/lawsuit
- Abide by Florida Statutes § 95.11 (Florida’s statute of limitations)
- Evaluate your losses
- Protect you from aggressive insurance tactics
- Keep your case moving forward
Your lawyer will implement a customized legal strategy that meets your needs.
A Lawyer Can Recover Compensation for Your Losses
In addition to building your case, a lawyer will pursue compensation for:
- Medical bills, including medications and surgeries
- Anticipated care costs, such as future necessary procedures
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning ability
- Pain and Suffering and inconvenience
- Property damage expenses
If you lost a loved one, a wrongful death lawyer can secure damages for their funeral, final healthcare costs, and other related expenses.
Our Firm Can Gather Your Truck Accident Witness Statements
The Florida Personal Injury Lawyers from the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato has recovered more than $200 million for injured people in Florida. We extend our services to people like you injured in truck accidents. Not only can our team get the witness statement for your collision, but we’ll do everything possible to recoup compensation. Learn more about your options when you connect with our team. We offer free case reviews where we can discuss your situation. To get started, Call (954) 633-8270.