Involved In A Hit And Run Accident In Florida
If you were involved in a hit and run accident in Florida, you should call 911 and get the medical attention that you need and create a police report for the incident.
Next, you may want to call a hit and run accident lawyer. Hit and run accidents are serious, and you should be able to bring the liable party to justice for your losses. You may want to retain a Florida hit and run accident attorney to help you.
Determining Liability in Hit And Run Accidents
When somebody leaves the scene of an accident, many would assume that the aforementioned individual did something wrong. Why else would a person leave the scene before exchanging information with the other driver?
A person could have any number of reasons for leaving the scene of an accident they caused. You cannot know the motives of drivers until you analyze all available evidence pertaining to the accident. It is possible that a person left the scene of an accident because they were acting negligently in some way when the accident occurred. This includes the following scenarios:
- They did not have the proper driving documents—namely license, registration, and insurance
- They were drunk or under the influence of drugs at the time of the accident
- They believe that they can avoid financial punishment by leaving the scene, yet in doing so put themselves in even greater trouble
- They have engaged in some dangerous behavior that caused the accident, such as speeding or crossing into or out of lanes illegally
The fact that the liable driver involved in a car accident left the scene precedes their excuse for leaving. You may be entitled to compensation if you were injured or suffered losses due to another driver who left after hitting your vehicle.
Call a Lawyer Today to Discuss Insurance Cover in Hit & Run Accident
A lawyer can help you identify the next steps in pursuing compensation. Whether the defendant in your case was charged with leaving the scene or not, you may be able to bring a case in civil court.
Our Attorneys Help in a hit and run investigations:
A hit and run accident attorney can help you pursue awards by:
- Filing your case in the court as soon as possible
- Collecting evidence of wrongdoing by the defendant, including police reports that cite hit and run
- Formulating a case for compensation
- Handling every step required to complete your case
- Defending your rights throughout the legal process
Hit & Run Accident Compensation Covers:
If your claim is successful, you could collect compensation covering:
- Damage to your vehicle
- Any medical problems that arose from the accident
The above include just some of the forms of compensation that you may be eligible to receive.
Contact Our Lawyer Today to Learn More About Your Compensation
A hit and run accident lawyer will listen to the details of your case. Our legal team will help you move forward in your case for compensation. Call the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato today at (954) 633-8270 for a free consultation.
We want to help your family in any way we can. Reach out to us as soon as you can, because the statute of limitations after an injury may affect your case.
We also help the victims of hit and run in the following cities: