If you or a loved one was hit by a vehicle while walking, the resulting injuries can be severe, especially since pedestrians have nothing to protect them from an impact. Depending on the details of your pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to recover damages to pay for medical costs, lost wages, and other losses.
During this difficult time, you do not have to go through the legal process alone. A Florida pedestrian accident attorney at the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato can help with handling your case and pursuing the compensation you deserve. For a free consultation, call us today at (954) 633-8270.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Drivers assume a duty of care when getting behind the wheel. They are responsible for driving defensively, avoiding pedestrians, and remaining alert at all times. When you decide to work with our team, we can determine what caused the accident and work those details into your claim.
Some reasons why a car hits a pedestrian can include:
- Distracted driving (such as texting)
- Not obeying traffic signals
- Faulty brakes or malfunction on the part of the vehicle
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or fatigue
- Veering onto a sidewalk
- Failing to give the pedestrian the right of way
There are many other reasons why a motorist may cause an accident. A Fort Lauderdale pedestrian accident lawyer can work to gather evidence to support that the driver is liable for your injuries. We can investigate the details of the police report, check available traffic surveillance footage, and interview witnesses at the scene of the accident for more information. We will handle the legal process while you focus on your recovery. For a free consultation with a Fort Lauderdale pedestrian accident lawyer, call the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato at (954) 633-8270.
Get Help from a Florida Pedestrian Accident Attorney
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim in Florida is four years from the date of your accident. However, depending on a variety of factors regarding your case, this timeline may vary. A pedestrian accident lawyer in Florida will listen to your account of what happened and determine how this timeline can apply to you.
When you choose to work with our team, some of the services that we can provide include:
- Meeting with you or your family to discuss the details of the accident
- Promptly initiating legal action
- Gathering relevant evidence for your claim and piecing together an account of what caused your pedestrian accident
- Filing complete documentation to the appropriate offices to meet certain deadlines
- Negotiating toward a fair settlement offer
- Representing your interests in the courtroom, if necessary
We treat our clients like family, and our glowing reviews speak for themselves. If you or a loved one was injured while walking in Florida, a pedestrian accident lawyer Florida of the Law Offices of Wolf & Pravato can help you recover damages. We take the time to help you understand your legal options, so contact us for a free consultation today at (954) 633-8270.